|Job Ref:||204587970||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Wiltshire||City:||Wiltshire||Address:||Post Code:||BA15||Post Date:||24/10/2016 08:55|
Graduate GIS Scientist|
My client are currently looking for a GIS, Geomatics or Geography graduate to join their dynamic team in Wiltshire.
The Opportunity is for a graduate to support their work in asset management and catchment management service areas. You will be working mostly for the water industry and its regulators in the UK, they are also involved with project across Europe and are looking to extend their capability into other sectors.
• Compiling and assessing data and other information, either directly from our clients, from other EU Member States, or through literature and other searches
• Data processing, analysis and interpretation of data in GIS, databases or spread sheets
• Development of tools to automate analysis and other workflows
Technical experience required:
• Minimum 2:1 degree or a further degree in GIS, Geomatics, Geography or related discipline
• Strong GIS skills with ESRI ArcGIS Desktop
• Programming skills ideally with either Python, (url removed) or VBA
• Good database and SQL skills with either MS-Access, SQL Server, Oracle or another comparable database
• Some background knowledge of water quality issues.
You should also be able to demonstrate the following:
• Eligibility to work permanently in the UK
• A passion for technical excellence within your discipline
• Self-motivation and the ability to work with a moderate level of supervision
• Exceptional team working skills
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• A systematic logical approach to problem solving
• Good attention to detail
• The ability to prioritise and manage your time effectively to meet deadlines and client needs
• The ability to think innovatively
If this role is of interest to you or you would like more information, please contact Chris Murphy on (Apply online only) or submit your application now.
Triad is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief.
Triad Group Plc acts as an Employment Agency for this permanent position