|Job Ref:||204588840||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Portsmouth||Address:||Post Code:||PO2||Salary:||£45000 - £55000/annum Car||Post Date:||24/10/2016 08:42|
Senior Building & Maintenance Estimator - Prestigious South Coast Contractor |
Your New Company
When it comes to first-class building and maintenance services; this client delivers every time and with a difference.
With a track record spanning over twenty years, they have established themselves as one of the most flexible, supportive and trustworthy of building and maintenance companies in the south of England.
From major new build projects and minor refurbishments, to responsive repairs, planned maintenance and adaptations; they place open, honest and collaborative relationships at the heart of every job.
Your New Role
Enable the Company to win work by the production of detailed financial tenders and quotations as an experienced and pragmatic Senior Estimator.
* Review tender and quotation enquiries received from clients and evaluate them to maximise the overall opportunity for the company including highlighting any risk.
* Produce detailed bills of quantities from tender documents, site surveys and drawings.
* Obtain competitive quotations from subcontractors & suppliers to prepare detailed financial estimates.
* Prepare and finalise tender reports for adjudication of completed tenders and quotations.
* Co-operate with the Business Development team to ensure that tenders are submitted in a timely fashion and to a high standard of presentation.
* Carry out post-tender negotiations and finalise potential orders with clients.
* On successful bids, attend a meeting with the Contract Manager and present handover packs with appropriate documentation (including a full financial break down)
* Assist the Business Development team with potential enquiries.
What You Will Need to Succeed
A proven track record in the preparation of competitive quotations with a high degree of accuracy, attention to detail and detailed working knowledge of a computer based estimating system.
HNC or Degree qualified in a relevant discipline What You Will Get in Return A highly competitive salary between £45,000 - £55,000 plus benefits and car, along with the opportunity to work for one of the most prestigious maintenance and building contractors on the South Coast.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.