|Job Ref:||204587586||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Pulborough||Address:||Post Code:||RH20||Salary:||£27000 - £34000/annum Excellent Benefits||Post Date:||23/10/2016 09:01|
Working for an expanding hi-tech engineering organisation as a Senior Buyer you will take responsibility for negotiating and coordinating the timely and cost effective supply of electro-mechanical components, assemblies and services in line with company cost and performance targets. The company have an outstanding industry reputation and you would work closely with cross functional teams with a strong focus on environmental and ethical trading considerations. Other responsibilities will include:
- Develop long term supplier relationships with key vendors to ensure the timely and cost effective supply of electronic components.
- Work closely with the engineering team on new electronic component requirements.
- Negotiate cost and lead time reductions on bespoke components.
- Complete the daily MRP output.
- Develop new possibilities/opportunities for KANBAN replenishment system utilising MRP scheduling tools.
- Work closely with the purchasing manager to ensure departmental objectives are achieved.
For this role you will need:
- A strong background of working as a Buyer working with electro-mechanical products.
- Ideally CIOPS qualified.
- A good understanding of engineering and manufacturing