|Job Ref:||204587476||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Irlam||Address:||Post Code:||M44||Post Date:||24/10/2016 08:53|
JOB TITLE: NOC Engineer|
LOCATION: Irlam (Relocating to Salford Quays from April 2017)
SALARY: Competitive Salary and Benefits Package
The NOC Engineer will support the monitoring and management of the TalkTalk Technology LLU, IPStream, TV, Transmission and Voice networks/platforms. The NOC Engineer will be responsible for identifying, diagnosing, managing and resolving network faults. The NOC Engineer will provide operational and process leadership of the incident management process; minimising the impact of any network outage and customer downtime.
The Voice Engineer is essential to maintaining the core voice network. The role consists of supporting all voice network products by monitoring troubleshooting and resolving network faults. Engineers are required to troubleshoot a variety of different voice related faults. Problem solving is an essential element of this role and will include faulting both complex and challenging operational voice issues. Engineers must be capable of picking up and managing tickets independently as well as working as part of a team.
• Diagnosing and fixing of Voice Network faults
• Proactive network monitoring of hardware & software
• Proactive network monitoring of voice traffic
• Raising and management of fault tickets
• Supporting Planned engineering works where required
• Use and interpret Empirix Network Monitoring Platform
What are the key responsibilities of the role?
• Network Monitoring, Incident Management, Incident Diagnosis and Incident Resolution.
• Incident detection and diagnosis using industry standard network monitoring and management tools, such as Netcool, iManager and Sonus EMS.
• Manage incident tickets, ensuring regular updates with meaningful technical analysis and next step actions.
• Liaising and escalating with external suppliers and other TalkTalk departments to ensure minimum disruption and downtime on the network.
• Manage the technical escalation of incidents to 3rd line support engineers.
• Manage incidents and network performance within SLA's, OLA's and KPI's.
• Ensure operational processes and procedures are followed in accordance with department guidelines and company policy.
• Work with problem management to identify reoccurring incidents and support service improvement plans to negate reoccurrence of incidents.
• Authorised to approve engineer access to TalkTalk and third party data centres.
• Authorised to access and make changes on the live network. Responsible for ensuring the security and integrity of the network by adherence to the company's Information Security policies and procedures.
Skills, experience or qualifications:
• Educated to diploma level in a communications skill
• IP Networking knowledge
• Experience working on Sonus, Nokia, and Huawei IMS
• Voice Protocol knowledge (SIP/SS7)
• Customer-Centric Focus
• Good Organisational Skills
• Enthusiasm, Ambition, & Integrity
• Good Communication and Professionalism
It's an exciting time to be a part of TalkTalk as we lead the way as the UK's leading provider of value for money landline, broadband, mobile and TV services with a customer base of over 4 million amid continued growth. With a commitment to developing its talent, TalkTalk offers a genuinely diverse, safe and supportive work environment, where "actions not words" fosters a culture of achievement and personal development.
In return, we offer employee benefits that are second-to-none and include attractive discounts off our exciting range of products and services, and a challenging but supportive work environment within a highly innovative division of TalkTalk. We believe that working at TalkTalk is more than just a job. With a commitment to developing talent and putting our customers and the wider community at the forefront of everything we do, we believe that TalkTalk really is a Brighter Place for Everyone!
How to apply
If you are driven and focused on getting results and thrive in a fast pace environment, this might be the opportunity you're looking for!
Apply now to the TalkTalk Careers team via the online application link