|Job Ref:||204587475||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£55000 - £60000/annum + a comprehensive benefits package||Post Date:||28/09/2016 02:25|
Contracts Engineering Manager (CEM)|
MRG are supporting one the of the UK's premier civil engineering and construction management organisations. The company employs a little over 20,000 staff and have delivered a number of iconic civil engineering projects across the world.
Due to continued business growth, they are actively searching for a CEM to join one of their large scale London Projects. Extensive Rail and Civil Engineering experience is essential for this role.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the management of design works - and ensuring sign off through TfL and National Rail. You should be adept at liaising with planning and stakeholder organisations and be fully conversant with managing the design process for a top 10 main contractor.
- Overall accountability for all multi-disciplinary engineering activities, ensuring integration and coordination in both the design and implementation phases;
- Support the Project Manager, CRE and Site Managers as required;
- Responsible for signing off work package plans and designs;
- Manage the temporary works process across the projects;
- Manage the design programme including progress meetings.
Qualifications And Experience
- Demonstrable experience of 'site based' design and construction management;
- Experience of Design Management within a main contractor, consultancy or client environment;
- Good working knowledge of NEC contracts;
- Ideally you will have some construction experience within Rail or Civils projects;
- You will be qualified to Degree level;
- You will have a 'can-do' mind-set and be focused on delivering innovative engineering solutions.
On offer - a salary of up to £60,000 plus a car (or allowance) - and additional benefits.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with one of the UK's best civil contractors. Apply for this position below or alternatively for further information please contact Tristan Chinn or Gemma Howe on (Apply online only).
If you are seeking a career move but this position is not right for you please browse the other vacancies on our website. We are specialists in Rail and Civil Recruitment and have a range of posts available. We also welcome speculative applications