|Job Ref:||204587293||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Cheltenham||Address:||Post Code:||GL50||Salary:||£35000 - £38000/annum benefits||Post Date:||28/09/2016 02:25|
DIE SHOP MANAGER - Cheltenham|
An interesting position has arisen for a Die Shop Manager to work with an internationally renowned company who are global leaders in their field.
* To manage the Die Shop and provide a service to the user departments in the efficient supply of tooling to the press lines.
* This is a senior role within the company which requires both a sound technical background and proven managerial skills.
* Ideally you will have a mechanical based skill either in tooling manufacturing, CNC related skills or machining.
This is a technical position where as Manager you will be expected to assist in the problem solving of die related production issues and liaise fully with the production departments and external die suppliers.
* Conversion of the Health, safety and environment goals
* Maintenance and ongoing review of quality standards and quality handbook
* Budget responsibility regarding costs, quality and main KPI's
* Cooperation on claim treatment and conversion of corrective measures
* Introduction and optimisation of new products with regards to optimised die designs
* Optimisation of die quality and design with the target to realise high productivity, and reduce die stops and ensure die turn around conforms to business needs
* Realisation of short cycle times
* Realisation of fastidious, demanding customer's request with the goal to increase the competitive advantage
* Efficient die shop and die service material management
* Guidance and development of the personnel under his/her control in technical and personal regard
* Training and instruction of the department assigned personnel
* Cooperation in projects such as investments, optimisations etc
* To encourage self-development to the personnel under his/her control to add value to the Organisation
* To integrate with other Managers to optimise communication
* To submit near misses to prevent accidents in the workplace
• 27 days holiday per annum plus 8 bank holidays, some days may be nominated during shut down periods.
• Company pension plan, eligible after successful probationary period
• Healthcare benefits, e.g. optical,dental
For further information please contact Lisa Brassington on (Apply online only) or email
Omega Resource Group Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy