|Job Ref:||204587241||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Derbyshire||City:||Chesterfield||Address:||Post Code:||S40||Salary:||£65000 - £70000/annum||Post Date:||24/10/2016 08:56|
Role: Pre-Sales Manager|
Location: Midlands/home based
Salary: £65k to £70k
My client is a blue chip solution provider operating throughout the UK.
The is a new opportunity available for Pre Sales Manager to join the business.
The role has responsibilities to include:
• Managing the activities, performance and behaviours for a team of pre-sales consultants and engineers across a range of technologies to develop solutions that are technically and commercially compelling with a high opportunity conversation rate.
• Responsible for the overall management and leadership of the Pre-sales team in producing technical responses and providing solutions for our customers.
• Ensuring that IT solutions are specified to clients to demonstrate the business value to the client across the breadth of IT Services propositions.
• Managing a high performing team in liaison with the Head of Solutions.
• Support the Head of Solutions operationally and with development activities aligned to the business strategy.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES include:
- Responsible for ensuring the team provide technical support to the sales teams by providing timely and quality responses to pre-sales requests from sales in the most efficient and cost effective manner.
- Ownership and responsibility and the governance for the design and specification of solutions including systems architecture, hardware systems and software when responding to pre-sales requests including bids.
- Enhancing sales opportunities and proposals by specifying a range of technologies, both new and current, to maximise our potential and value to the customer.
- Ensure the Pre-sales team are leading, influencing and shaping customers thinking on approaches to solutions ensuring the required specification and quality standards are met for our clients
- Responsible for managing a high performing team in liaison with the head of/manager, in line with business policies and frameworks and supporting CARE initiatives. Helping drive constant improvement and development ensuring that performance is managed effectively and within guidelines, also ensuring that the appropriate cross architecture capability is developed within the team
- Manage escalations related to team's opportunity deliverables and prioritise accordingly, acts as the main interface to the team from other areas of the business
- Proactively identify improvements to the way we do business and input to supporting business case.
- Provide input and support to the Head of Solutions in support of strategic initiatives.
- Responsible for ensuring that opportunities are managed as appropriate against KPI's and contributes to the Sector business planning regarding pre-sales activity.
- Ensuring the appropriate level of Red Review is completed on designs and bid opportunities ensuring the responses are both technically and commercially viable
Nature of the work
• Under direction of the Head of Solutions maintain a technically proficient team of resource ensuring effective utilisation
• Act as the primary point of contact for requests into the team and escalations
• To input into the shaping and delivery of CARE plans, and the strategic plan for the business
• Ensuring efficiency and robustness in service and operational procedures as we scale capability Nature of the problems
• Supporting the development of the longer-term strategic direction of our business capability.
• Determining appropriate skills mix & training to maximise team potential
• Evaluating & balancing priorities and allocating resources
• Identify strategic opportunities for growing existing and developing new business, ensuring that the opportunity conversion is maximised
• Ensure Effective combination of combined IT Services capability
The Pre Sales Manager will action the following:
• Manage own time and deliverables over a 3 to12 month timeframe
• Manage team of WL1's to deliver opportunities
• TLR of c17 spread geographically across the UK Change
• Make proposals and recommendations for change
• Develop cross architecture capability
• Challenge opportunity qualification as appropriate
• Reduce barriers to change and truly help bring the business closer together as a single team
• Approach problem solving with an open mind and explore all possibilities in any given scenario
Applicants must be able to evidence the Key Skills on their CV as follows:
• Strong leadership skills, including people & performance management & coaching
• Extensive/strong Knowledge of Cisco Portfolio, Unified Communications, Routing and Switching, Security & Wireless
• Stakeholder management skills, including external & to senior level including Relationship management & negotiation including escalation management
• Strategy and Portfolio knowledge for growth and vendor influences
• Matrix team management & influencing