|Job Ref:||204587108||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Edinburgh||Address:||Post Code:||EH3||Salary:||£NEG Daily Rate||Post Date:||24/10/2016 08:56|
2nd Line Support Engineer/Desktop Support/Service Desk Support/End User Support (Windows 7) - Contract - Edinburgh.|
A global IT services company is searching for a 2nd Line Support Engineer to join their team in Edinburgh on a contract basis. The role will involve working for a large banking organisation.
Responsibilities and Skills:
* Progressing end user incidents referred from the Service Desk using approved tools and in compliance with the Incident process.
* Telephone contact with end users.
* Investigating and diagnosing issues.
* Applying known fixes.
* Resolving or transferring Incidents to appropriate Support Groups.
* Applying timely and accurate updates to assigned Incidents.
* Updating knowledge documents and raising requests for new knowledge articles.
* Extensive experience in a 2nd Level support role
* Previous experience in end user support and customer service
* Good Microsoft Office 2010 knowledge
* Good Windows 7 knowledge
* Willingness to learn and develop IT knowledge
* Ability to analyse issues and identify the best solutions
A leading global IT services organisation with 10,000 employees and annual revenue of nearly £2 billion in the UK alone. Projects delivered for private, Government, International and Defence customers are some of the largest and most technically innovative solutions found in the world.
Their business is rapidly expanding to meet current and future commitments due to numerous exciting programmes currently being developed. These solutions will use the latest technology to resolve some of the most complex requirements for a challenging group of customers.
Project People and our clients are fully committed to developing an inclusive workforce. Applications are always fully considered, irrespective of race, gender, faith, sexual orientation, ethnic origin or part-time status.
Project People Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Project People Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy