|Job Ref:||204587069||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||City of London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£55000 - £65000/annum Benefits||Post Date:||24/10/2016 08:56|
As an Applications Architect within London IT, you will be part of a team responsible for the management of the ongoing development, 3rd line support and maintenance of our core IT line of business applications. The team is a small, highly motivated group which manages the applications portfolio across a range of third party partners and service providers.|
You will be supporting and helping to drive the future of the IT`s software solutions department and will be given the opportunity to provide significant direction to the technical design of our application systems by making good use of your technical expertise. We are looking for someone with excellent planning, coordination and communication skills, as well as a proven ability to work within teams. In return you will be given a real voice in shaping the technical direction of the applications that support our core business.
- You`ll be given a great opportunity to demonstrate your technical grounding and apply this every day.
Working alongside your team members and our offshore development team, you will take a lead in the discussions and decisions taken to drive the best solutions possible.
- You will be given the opportunity to develop and maintain a comprehensive understanding of the applications used and the business and technical workflows that these support.
- You will also be providing hands-on technical leadership, in the development, operation and ongoing improvement of our systems. You will have a strong desire to always deliver first-class technical solutions.
- Being able to competently devise methods to bridge defects and gaps in the applications, the role will give you an opportunity to evaluate and re-architect the existing offshore-developed application environment and to constantly appraise the systems and applications being used with a voice to give feedback on how they can be improved.
- You will be demonstrate your excellent knowledge in web-based systems architecture, service-based architecture/ SOA, enterprise application architecture and be able to show pragmatism and good judgment in your choice of the best technical solution available