|Job Ref:||204586839||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Surrey||City:||Camberley||Address:||Post Code:||GU15||Salary:||£17.50 - £19/annum||Post Date:||28/09/2016 04:24|
IT Service Desk / 1st Line Support Technicians (x3) are required for temp to perm opportunity based near Guildford, Surrey.|
Working for a large, well-established Public Sector organisation, we have three opportunities for permanent positions within their central IT Technical Service Desk. You have the option of working directly on a permanent basis with the client, or starting on a contract basis with the view to becoming a permanent member of staff within 3 months.
Main responsibilities and duties:
* Providing 1st line support for end users using IT services, including satellite sites within the community (approximately 3000 client devices plus associated peripherals).
* Being the first point of contact in IM&T for all staff across the organisation in the provision of an IT Service Desk.
* Deliver an efficient, friendly, effective and professional first line call logging / problem solving service.
* To record all calls reported to the IT Service Desk on the call logging software, ensuring that data held in the system is both current and accurate.
* To provide, where possible, a first time fix to callers where skills are appropriate and to identify call escalation route for more difficult calls. Ensure the caller is aware of escalation.
* Be responsible for keeping the caller / requestor up to date with progress - this will include ensuring that users are informed on the call reference number and possible response times if available.
For these positions you need to have previous experience of working within a Helpdesk / Service Desk / remote support / 1st line support position within a MS environment with a working knowledge of Windows 7, XP, Office 2003/2007/2010. These roles are to start ASAP on a contract basis on a rate of £9.50 + HP PAYE / £11.30 ltd/umbrella per hour. If permanent application - the salary expectations will be between £17.5k - £19k + benefits / pension depending on your level of experience