|Job Ref:||204586803||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Glasgow||Address:||Post Code:||G3||Salary:||£35000 - £40000/annum Pension||Post Date:||18/10/2016 13:59|
First People Solutions are currently recruiting on behalf of an industry leading M & E contractor. We have an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Estimator to work in the Glasgow area.|
To prepare a prime cost for a mechanical services installation using a computerised Estimation Package by obtaining quotations for material, plant and equipment from suppliers, manufacturers and merchants. You would also be responsible for obtaining quotations from specialist sub-contracts for Sprinklers, Ductwork, BEMS, VRF, Commissioning etc.
You must also be able to use industry norms to calculate labour hours to carry out a task or use industry experience to calculate labour hours for specific tasks.
• Complete the project particulars spreadsheet to identify the end-user client, start and completion dates, and other key information including insurances and liquidate and ascertained damages.
• Prepare material take-offs from tender drawings, sketches or schedules.
• Prepare sub-contractor enquiries drawings, specification, schedules, prelims, etc.) for issuing by the estimating administrator.
• Preparing material, plant and equipment enquiries (drawings, specification, schedules prelims, etc.) for issuing to our supply chain by the estimating administrator.
• Input the data from the Bill of Quantities or take-offs into the estimation package.
• Complete the labour cost analysis summary, material and sub-contractor summary, and tender mark-up sheet and present this to the Estimating Director for review.
• Complete the Excel spreadsheet comparison schedule with quotations from suppliers, manufactures and merchants and present this to the Estimating Director for review.
• Complete the Excel spreadsheet comparison schedule with quotations from specialist sub-contractors and present this to the Estimating Director for review.
• Computer literate, proficient in using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook).
• Capability to read drawings is essential.
• Ability to identify gaps in work packages to the costs are included in our tender submission.
• Excellent communication skills and an eye for detail are essential.
• Ability to work independently, as part of a team and on own initiative.
• Desire to continue learning and developing professionally.
• High quality focus
• A good decision maker
• High level of accuracy and attention to detail
• Always willing to give extra effort to achieve goals
• Enthusiastic with a strong commitment to on-going training
Previous Experience / Qualifications
• Previous estimating experience is essential
• Completion of a Mechanical Building Services Apprenticeship essential
• Preferably a qualified a heating engineer