|Job Ref:||204586664||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Shropshire||City:||Shrewsbury||Address:||Post Code:||SY1||Salary:||£30000 - £32000/annum Car / Allowance, Benefits||Post Date:||18/10/2016 13:59|
Mechanical Engineer / Surveyor (Crane, Lifting Equipment) |
£30k - £32k + Company Car / allowance, overtime, double pension, 25 days holiday, life assurance, flexible benefits
Shrewsbury / Shropshire
Mechanical Engineer / Surveyor (Crane, Lifting Equipment) required. The Mechanical Engineer / Surveyor (Crane, Lifting Equipment) role offers the opportunity to come in to a world leading organisation who will offer a complete retraining package to utilise your current skill set to become a qualified surveyor, investing £40k in the first 3 months in to your development.
This role would be ideal for a strongly skilled engineer (maintenance, service, commissioning etc.)with crane and lifting equipment experience who is looking to slightly move away from the tools in to a more focused role with a career path to senior management.
For the Mechanical Engineer / Surveyor (Crane, Lifting Equipment) role you will be field based working with a range of different clients ranging in the likes of automotive, marine, power, oil & gas, manufacturing etc. environments. You will test, inspect and survey their existing and new equipment deeming it continually fit for purpose and will operate within agreed authorities, inspection and H&S standards with a clear customer focus and drive to achieve optimal service delivery.
* Ensure survey's and inspections are carried out within set time scales, in line with planned schedule
* Formulate, produce and distribute inspection reports in a professional manner, within daily timescales and service standards.
* Provide, build and maintain excellent client relationships and ensure that all customer service standards are met.
* Fully utilize all operational systems available, ensuring accurate data is inputted and reflected
* Maintain an awareness of developments in standards and legislation affecting the Engineer Surveyor's discipline and support change as required.
* Maintain technical standards within business units to meet business plan measures, participating in Technical Competency Testing and Technical Audits (internal and external).
The Mechanical Engineer / Surveyor (Crane, Lifting Equipment) role requires a strong and competent engineer who has a strong level of education. You will have a strong hands on experience in a maintenance, installation, service or commissioning environment and you MUST have some exposure to commercial cranes, lifting devices and material handling equipment.
* A minimum NVQ3 or equivalent in Engineering qualification
* Exposure to commercial cranes, lifting devices and material handling equipment
* A current U.K. driving license.
* Computer literate, with good written and verbal communication skills Ability to demonstrate and have a clear understanding of Health and Safety
This opportunity is working with a world leader in their profession and a blue chip organisation. They take pride in developing and training their staff to the highest level and invest heavily in any new recruit.
Mechanical Engineer / Surveyor (Crane, Lifting Equipment)
Cordant is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy