|Job Ref:||204586277||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Crewe||Address:||Post Code:||CW2||Salary:||£35000 - £38000/annum||Post Date:||28/09/2016 04:26|
Permanent Vacancy |
Job Title: Senior IT Infrastructure Engineer
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8.30am - 5.00pm
Salary: £30-£35k per annum
Location: Crewe, Cheshire
Education & Experience Required:
• Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server from 2K3 to 2012R2 including Active Directory.
• Extensive knowledge of AWS/Azure/Office 365 cloud platforms (including private cloud).
• Extensive knowledge of Microsoft HyperV virtual platforms.
• Some exposure to Linux OS
• Experience of Disaster Recovery Planning and Business Continuity Management
• Good knowledge of Arcserve backup solution
• Good working knowledge of DNS and general web technologies
• Good working knowledge of VDi platforms based on Microsoft Remote Desktop.
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Exchange and/or Office 365.
• Some Microsoft SQL architecture and maintenance knowledge.
• Some knowledge of VMware ESXi platforms.
• Strong WAN/LAN networking experience gained in a multi-site MPLS environment.
• Excellent Cisco networking skills (CCNA preferred).
• Extensive knowledge of firewalls
• Some experience of cconfiguration management tools (Chef, Puppet, Jenkins etc)
• Symantec & Sophos Anti-Virus
• Experience of Microsoft SQL
• VoIP telephony.
• Knowledge of best practices in an always-up, always-available service (high availability, business continuity, disaster recovery)
• Exposure to information security techniques such as penetration testing and vulnerability scanning
• Excellent customer service skills
Personal Attributes Required:
• Managing a high workload in a fast moving, constantly evolving business.
• Prioritising personal, team and departmental workload to ensure the most effective service to the business.
• Maintaining a "can do" attitude when under pressure to deliver.
• Strategic thinker who plans for the long term effectiveness of the IT services but reacts to the business needs quickly and pragmatically.
• Excellent communication skills, written and oral, with an ability to interact from the board room to the shop floor.
• Structured approach to workload planning and project delivery.
The IT Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for the day-to-day operation, maintenance and improvement of the corporate IT Infrastructure (Desktop, physical & virtual server, Local Area/Wide Area MPLS network and any other associated IT infrastructure) of the group of companies.
• Ensuring availability and performance of IT infrastructure according to SLA's.
• Work to continuously improve speed, efficiency and scalability of production systems
• Management of IT infrastructure projects (firewalls, networking, desktop etc).
• Management of external service providers. (ISP, technical partners, contractors etc)
• Support for Hyper-V, Windows and Linux server infrastructures.
• Support for Cisco based networks and SonicWall firewalls.
• Support for storage systems including Windows DFS, Nimble NAS and other NAS devices.
• Support of cloud infrastructure such as Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services (AWS).
• Ensure any incidents/downtime is minimised and normal service is resumed ASAP with lessons learned and incident reports produced
• Perform maintenance and troubleshooting of production systems
• Define and deploy monitoring, metrics, and logging systems
• Provision of secure information assets
• Offering consultancy to internal and external customers including system design and specification.
• Offer infrastructure advice and guidance to the business in relation to new software deployments.
• Installation and maintenance of hardware across the desktop, server, network and storage platforms