|Job Ref:||204586155||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Portsmouth||Address:||Post Code:||PO2||Post Date:||23/10/2016 09:01|
Workshop Technician Required in Portsmouth |
Global Marine Systems Limited is a leading provider of engineering and underwater services, responding to the subsea cable installation, maintenance and burial requirements of our customers around the world. The company has a legacy of 165 years in deep and shallow water operations and operates worldwide with main offices in Chelmsford, UK and Singapore.
Due to continued success and growth, Global Marine Systems are now looking to expand their team through the recruitment of a Workshop Technician in Portsmouth.
What will I be responsible for?
Joining our maintenance department, the successful Workshop Technician will provide all the parts necessary, for the timely completion of all production and sales orders to our customer and maintain a clean and 5S compatible work area. The role will be responsible to complete all activities / functions within the workshop and other projects as directed by your line manager. Daily responsibilities will include:
- Performing all workshop duties as required to achieve on time delivery of all production and sales orders.
- Processing and preparing all parts that require protective wrapping and packing in accordance with QCP 09
- Assembling and scaning in all kits using the issued Bill of Materials for sales orders in accordance with QCP 36.
- Accepting all planned deliveries, these will need to be signed for and paperwork for delivery stamped as unchecked.
- Checking delivery against relevant Purchase order.
- Contacting and liaising with suppliers and internal managers if delivery has incorrect/missing paperwork
- Assembling and building in accordance with drawing instructions all tooling assemblies
- Performing monthly stock counts of selected parts.
Who are we looking for?
When recruiting for the role of Workshop Technician, we look for candidates who have a basic understanding of engineering drawings and a good knowledge of MRP systems and how they operate. You will also require:
- Basic health and safety awareness.
- Good analytical and literacy skills.
- Able to communicate at all levels.
- Ability to react to changing priorities.
- Fork truck (pedestrian) license advantageous.
- Understand and basic working knowledge of Microsoft office and applications
Rewards & Benefits
In return for your hard working in the position of Workshop Technician with Global Marine Systems LTD you can expect to receive a competitive basic salary and a range of benefits including matched pension, healthcare scheme, free mobile phone insurance, free tastecard and free car breakdown cover and more.
We are looking for an experienced and driven Workshop Technician, if you feel you have the skills required, please click APPLY below to register your interest.
No terminology in the advert you have seen is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we will gladly accept applications from all sections of the community