|Job Ref:||204586005||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||City of London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£400 - £500/day||Post Date:||28/09/2016 04:24|
Senior Development Engineer (Java) - contract - London - £400-£500/day|
An opportunity for an experienced Java Developer to join an exciting, high profile, media organisation based in London.
You will be responsible for contributing to and owning the complete setup of micro-services, towards a product suite.
You will also jointly own, with the DevOps teams, the operational stability of the components you build and be in a position to affect change to improve on-going robustness, resiliency and stability of those components.
You will operate continuous delivery DevOps model with emphasis on deployment automation, TDD, BDD, monitoring and on-going ownership of components in production.
You must be experienced in;
- Java development
- Cloud / AWS
- Using Tomcat, Spring framework and Maven
- Using Linux / Unix based Operating Systems
- Test-driven development alongside use of automated test frameworks, mocking/stubbing and Junit
- Scripting languages such as Ruby or Perl
- Behaviour Driven Development with Cucumber
- Agile methodologies
- Working with code repositories (git, SVN) bug tracking tools (Jira, Bugzilla) and Wikis (Confluence)
This will be an initial 3 month contract, based in London.
Telephone interviews will be held on Friday 9th September, with face to face interviews the following week.
Please send your CV to apply