|Job Ref:||204585818||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Dorset||City:||Bournemouth||Address:||Post Code:||BH8||Salary:||£20000 - £25500/annum 32days hols,bonus,career prospects||Post Date:||24/10/2016 08:56|
2nd Line Support Engineer|
Are you keen to work for a small but expanding business that has a forward-thinking vision for the future with great areas of development? Do you want to work with managers and colleagues that have strong customer and employee focussed values that will continue to be the foundations for its future success?
We are seeking a responsive, professional and customer service focussed IT Support Engineer to join an enthusiastic team of like-minded individuals. You will be supporting an account of clients and their IT infrastructures to a 2nd line standard. You will gain hands-on involvement across a wide range of technologies such as servers, networks, operating systems and desktops.
You will be offered a competitive salary up to £25,500 p.a. depending on experience with salary reviews. Benefits include 24 days holiday plus bank holidays, a bonus scheme, career progression opportunities, and company-funded Microsoft Certified training. The company do quarterly outings and social events, barbecues at lunchtime, and there is even a TV, XBOX with games such as Guitar Hero, and a fridge full of milkshakes and energy drinks for staff to take advantage of!
* 2nd line support experience, preferably in a support desk and/or field based environment
* Experienced with Windows products including Windows Server
* Familiar with LAN, TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, Firewalls, VPN's and WiFi
* Good understanding of antivirus (ideally ESET) and backup tools
* Able to work with and support Microsoft Office (Apple Mac would also be advantageous)
* Able to support software packages (such as Sage Accounts and Quickbooks would be desirable)
* Logical thinker with good analytical and problem solving skills
* Customer service orientated with excellent telephone communication skills
* Ability to work on own initiative, team player, can do attitude and genuine keen interest in IT
* Capable of multi-tasking and dealing with multiple problems simultaneously
Working Hours: Monday to Friday 8:45am - 5:30pm (8:00am start on the first Monday of every month due to staff meeting).
Keywords: IT Support, 2nd Line Support, Information Technology, Helpdesk, Systems Engineer, Desktop Support, Technical Support, Computer Support, Remote Support, Field Engineer