|Job Ref:||204225351||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||South Devon||Address:||Post Date:||24/10/2016 09:57|
Excellent company benefits: BUPA, 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, Company Pension, Life Assurance, Company Sick Pay, subsidised canteen, on-site parking.
Within the role of the Process Technician role you will be required:
• To provide technical support to the Value Stream Cell Leader and Shift Leader in problem solving, to continuously improve production processes and procedure.
• Tool prove new jobs and to set and inspect work from any 3 or more CNC Machine types.
You will need:
• Related machining experience, plus conventional machining experience.
• Good verbal & written communication skills.
• Proven ability to problem solve to root cause, individually or as part of a team.
• Ability to read & understand engineering drawings.
• Basic understanding of machine programming principles.
• Knowledge of Health and Safety Procedures (full training will be given on Company Policy)
• NVQ 3 Tool proving or BTEC National or C&G.
• NVQ2 Engineering Machine Operation.
• Time served apprenticeship in a relevant subject.
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
• Tool proves new jobs & methods to continuously improve quality and productivity by making alterations to tools and fixtures. Review, maintain and improve CNC and other machine computer programmes; assist in the roll out of new methods of working.
• Play an active role in 'sketch planning' in the initial process design phase for new products/processes. Work with process engineering to run prove out batch runs. Prepare & develop operating instructions e.g. S.O.P.'s, write tool proving reports including estimated operation times to help balance the cell.
• Work with the VSCL to ensure the development of standard work routines are followed and maintained, including, scheduled TPM front Line Asset Checks, MOT checks & Ball bar monitoring.
• Ensure machine MOT checks are on schedule, analyse machining problems using ball bar, report & support improvements/solutions alongside Engineering and Maintenance. Carryout front line problem diagnosis in preparation for maintenance engineers.
• Support & help facilitate the VSCL & team in practical problem solving to improve H&S, quality & productivity, utilising a PDCA approach through skills such as Pareto, Cause & effect, 5-why, gauge R&R, SPC & control charts.
• Responsible for the design & usage of production and inspection of Development Gauges (DG) & fixtures for Process Proving. Ensuring Company Procedures are complied with for final Drawings, Manufacture and Recording.
• Through the development of processes, request and play an active role in Electronic Change Requests by helping to update existing planning. Ensure that all process updates and alterations are compliant, and reflected, within the company's quality procedures.
Key challenges within the Process Technician role will be:-
• Identifying improvement opportunities & continuously improve processes to enhance quality and productivity.
• Ensuring materials are correct and assigned machines are set and running efficiently.
• Maintaining machine up-time & ensuring scheduled MOT/ball bar & TPM routines are complete
• Minimising cost of scrap from poor machining
This is a great and exciting opportunity to join a successful company in South Devon.
South Devon offers a wonderful mix of stunning coastlines and breath-taking countryside as well as quaint villages, bustling market towns and vibrant cities, not forgetting it is also home to prestigious, successful, expanding, manufacturing companies.
South Devon's coastline is truly beautiful and is covered with soft golden sands in hidden coves, large family friendly beaches and rock poolers paradises.
South Devon's countryside stretches from the sea to Dartmoor National Park - dramatic landscapes which include beautiful green countryside, a patchwork of farmland, river valleys and wooded hills.
Job Ref: AN6340
anew South West is acting as an employment agency