|Job Ref:||10998BR||Employer:||MWH||Industry:||Construction||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Stepps||Address:||Post Date:||20/10/2016 04:03|
ESD is a joint venture between MWH, Black & Veatch, and Galliford Try formed to deliver Scottish Water's Non Infrastructure Programme from 2015-2021. |
ESD will oversee the delivery of design and build projects throughout Scotland and the highlands for the client's water and wastewater treatment programme.
You will report directly to the Planning Manager and duties/responsibilities of the role will include.
• Work with the Cpx1-2 Project Managers, Senior Project Development Managers, and the planning team to prepare baselines, and to monitor & measure progress through the Cpx1-2 phase (or up to the point when ESD agrees a Target Price)
o The Cpx 1 - 2 process is a series of milestones, decision points, and governance activities
• Ensure Project Programmes are soundly prepared, managed and updated using the WBS & OBS advised by the Senior Planner/ Lead Planner - allowing effective programme management and reporting
• Update every live project each month with Project Managers &/or Senior Project Development Managers e.g. Progress against baseline. Note: Changes to the fundamental baseline can only proceed following discussion with the Lead Planner or the Programme Manager
• Provide Project Manager's with controlled PDF & excel updates of project status
• Work with Senior Planner to properly reflect project progress in ESD & SW P6
• From time-to-time support formal issues to/ receipt from Scottish Water (may need to upload/ download to Scottish Water (or ESD) SharePoint (or Documentum) - including provision of meta data)
• Work with the Project Managers &/or Senior Project Development Managers to ensure milestones Post-Cpx2 (or post-Target Price Agreement) are increasingly realistic
o This will involve interaction with and co-ordination with the Cpx2-5 Planner
• Work with and co-ordinate with the ESD planning team to provide the Cpx1-2 team & ESD with an excellent planning service.
H&S and Environment:
• Safety is the cornerstone of ESD strategy.
• Recognise that Health and Safety considerations are central to all tasks and contribute to ensuring safe working environment for all.
Quality & Document Control
• Understand and implement the Quality, Safety and Environmental Policies and Targets;
• Comply, as appropriate, with the processes contained within the ESD BMS;
• Suggest improvements to the ESD BMS when they become apparent.
• Ensure ESD's Project Documents portal is used as document management system
• Mathematically sound with spreadsheet experience
• Desire to plan and programme projects
• Experienced in using planning software (e.g. Primavera - P6, Asta Power Project, MSP, ...)
• Awareness of site construction &/or Awareness of project delivery processes &/or Awareness capital works in water and wastewater
• Experience of taking data from one application and using in another (e.g. P6 to/from MSP)
o Higher or A-Level or Further Education qualification for which 'maths' is a core discipline
• Further Education qualification in project management/ planning/ construction management/ similar
• Able to demonstrate the aptitude and mindset that would provide the basis could quickly be up and running)
o Successful candidate could be youngest/ least experienced member of the project team - but Assistant Planner has to able to contribute to the planning, and progress reviews of projects
• Some work experience
• Experience of working as part of a team
We are an equal opportunities employer
Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location)