|Job Ref:||2016-12476||Employer:||Golder Associates||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||Australia||County/State:||Australian Antarctic Territory||City:||Melbourne||Address:||Post Date:||20/10/2016 05:01|
Job ID: 2016-12476
Area of Interest: EN - Construction Materials, Testing and Engineering
Job Type: Full Time
Education (Minimum): Diploma
Posted Date: 9/6/2016
As an instrumentation technician, you will be working within the Melbourne office as part of our instrumentation team to deliver geotechnical instrumentation, data logging and telemetry projects for local and international clients. This is an office and site based role requiring a hands on approach in the fields of mining, civil, infrastructure, hydrogeology, and environmental engineering.
Using your geotechnical instrumentation expertise you will support the project manager from tender through to installation on site to achieve successful technical delivery of projects.
The key responsibilities of this role include:
* Fabricating, programing and bench testing data logging and telemetry systems
* Installing geotechnical instrumentation, data logging and telemetry systems
* Carrying out data processing, web presentation and ongoing system maintenance both remotely and on site
* Delivering proposals and installation reports
* Client interface and relationship management
* Ensuring our health and safety culture is upheld and actively encouraging safety awareness and environmental responsibility at all times
You will have relevant geotechnical instrumentation experience and will preferably be qualified with a relevant diploma or trade qualification. You will be able to demonstrate your technical expertise in data logging with commercial stand-alone loggers (Campbell Scientific preferred) and telemetry systems such as IP/Wireless/radio/satellite. It is expected you will have good problem solving skills and a high level of attention to detail.
Our Staff Benefit from:
* An option to purchase shares in Golder Associates
* Career and personal development opportunities and support of personal growth
* Work life balance initiatives such as additional leave options
As a global, employee-owned organisation with over 50 years of experience, Golder Associates is driven by our purpose to engineer earth's development while preserving earth's integrity. From more than 165 offices worldwide, over 6,500 employees deliver solutions that help our clients achieve their sustainable development goals by providing a wide range of independent consulting, design and construction services in our specialist areas of earth, environment and energy.