|Job Ref:||WAT00087||Employer:||GHD Pty Ltd||Country:||Canada||County/State:||Ontario||City:||Waterloo||Address:||Post Date:||14/10/2016 05:01|
GHD is one of the world's leading professional services companies operating in the global markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation. |
Privately owned by our people, GHD provides engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services to private and public sector clients across five continents. Focused on creating lasting community benefit, our connected global network of 8,500 people delivers projects with high standards of safety, quality and ethics. Committed to sustainable development, GHD improves the physical, natural and social environments of the many communities in which we operate.
Our offices in Waterloo Ontario are looking for an Intermediate Water Resources Engineer to join the Environment Group. This opportunity can provides the successful candidate the ability to manage their own projects, develop their own clients and provide leadership in the growth of the team while assisting in the development of the business into other associated areas of work.
Our scientists, ecologists, analysts and resource economists design robust, cost effective and scientifically based natural resource management (NRM) solutions. We work with water authorities, local government, land management agencies, planning authorities, legal firms, urban developers, traditional owner corporations, and companies planning infrastructure projects.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Managing storm water management projects independently utilizing junior technical staff and support staff.
• Preparing storm water management design reports, drawings, construction specification and permit applications.
• Direct client, regulatory agency, and contractor interaction
• Assigning work to junior staff, field staff, CAD staff and review, comment and complete project deliverables.
• Work in a team environment with multiple technical staff
• Coordination and design of assigned water resources projects including design of storm water management facilities and low impact development measures from review of preliminary concepts through detailed design and construction.
• Preparing budget and proposal cost and time estimates, ie. PMP, and participates in proposal preparation.
• Keeping Project Manager informed of project status and endeavours to coordinate necessary staffing resources to meet project deadlines.
• Project coordination with both Planning and Design departments.
• Producing related drawings using computer aided drafting and design software.
• Supervising and mentoring of junior technical staff and support staff.
• Erosion control drawings and report coordination with the Design department.
• Liaison with municipalities, clients and other approval agencies and assists the PM in the pursuit of approvals and general coordination tasks. Liaison with sub consultants and internal groups.
• Participating in the monitoring of project schedules. Communicates pertinent project information to PM, municipalities and staff assigned to projects.
• Participating with Senior Management in promotional activities for the company.
• Keeping project design records and files.
• Performing other design and management related duties and tasks as assigned or required.
Skills, Competencies and Qualifications:
• Post-secondary civil engineering education.
• NA license in Ontario for at least 4 years
• Minimum 6 years' experience in conducting stormwater management projects.
• Must be familiar with conducting field investigations and assigning work to others.
• Must be self-directed, responsible and hard working.
• Strong design and analytical skills
• Experience with water resources engineering design including hydrology, hydraulics, storm water management, floodplain delineation, storm sewer design and drainage design would be considered an asset.
• Strong written and oral communication skills with experience in the writing of engineering reports and assisting/leading meetings with various approval agencies.
• Have demonstrated they are engaged in their work, lead by example and are capable of simultaneously coordinating multiple projects.
• Have a positive attitude towards the firm and their co-workers.
• Works well individually and with others in a team environment.
• Strong analytical and report writing skills and detail-oriented.
• Must hold a valid driver's license in Ontario and willing to travel within Ontario and Canada as required.
We offer a professional working environment and culture and believe that work/life balance contributes to the success and happiness of our people. We also offer competitive salary packages based on qualifications, skills and experience.