About WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff|
WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services consulting firms, provides services designed to transform the built environment and restore the natural one. The firm's expertise ranges from environmental remediation and urban planning, to engineering iconic buildings and designing sustainable transport networks, to developing the energy sources of the future and enabling new ways of extracting essential resources. Approximately 34,000 employees, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors, program and construction management professionals, as well as various environmental experts, work for this dynamic organization in more than 500 offices across 40 countries worldwide. NA
We are seeking an enthusiastic, experienced Construction Inspector II to join our Construction Services Group in the Seattle, WA area.
The Construction Inspector II will:
The Construction Inspector II will also perform construction management inspection services.
• Inspect and review work in accordance with applicable codes and standards included in the project drawings and specifications.
• Provide general inspections on construction labor and subcontractor work to assure a good and workmanlike operation.
• Monitor quality control and quality assurance material field testing for concrete, steel, asphalt and soils as applicable
• Provide field measurements and assist in compiling quantity reports for payment of quantities and changes in the work.
• Prepare inspector daily reports (IDR's) in accordance with the project's requirements.
• Monitor and document construction activities
• Maintain project documentation, prepare daily diaries
• Potentially lead a group of inspectors and confirm through observation and documentation that construction is being performed in accordance with the project plans and specifications, and local building codes.
• Monitor construction according to approved drawings and specifications
• Perform evaluations of subordinates
• Supervise inspection teams
• Assign inspection personnel on a daily basis
• Review and sign off on all inspectors' daily reports
• Observe and report on field quality control tests on concrete, steel, or soil as applicable
• Record and report on any deviations from the contract documents
• Keep detailed records of contractor's performance and progress
• Interact with client representatives on small to medium projects
• Conduct field inspections of various construction activities
• Coordinate material testing requirements with laboratories
• Document contractor's activities
• Provide field sampling of aggregates, concrete, asphalt and soils.
• Calculate quantities for payment verification
• Verify compliance with the project plans and specifications
• Verify incorporated materials are in compliance via Certificates and approved submittals
• Perform other duties as assigned
The ability to work in the United States immediately is required. Local candidates are strongly preferred!
• High School Diploma required
• Minimum of 5 years of directly-related inspection experience.
• Proven inspection skills relevant to this role
• A working knowledge of applicable codes, standards, and materials
• Rail and/or Bridge construction inspection experience
• Experience inspecting roadway and bridge projects.
• An ability to read and interpret contract documents
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Inspection certifications preferred
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
EOE / Veteran/ Disability/ Gender (M-F) /Gender Identity/ Sexual Orientation