About WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff|
WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services consulting firms, provides services designed to transform the built environment and restore the natural one. The firm's expertise ranges from environmental remediation and urban planning, to engineering iconic buildings and designing sustainable transport networks, to developing the energy sources of the future and enabling new ways of extracting essential resources. Approximately 34,000 employees, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors, program and construction management professionals, as well as various environmental experts, work for this dynamic organization in more than 500 offices across 40 countries worldwide. NA
WSP|Parsons Brinckerhoff is seeking a CADD Designer to work in the Transportation Civil Design group in Herndon, VA. The primary focus will be the design for Highway Projects as well as other activities requiring knowledge of principles and techniques for traditional delivery of transportation projects as well as design-build projects.
• Under general supervision, serve as a CADD designer, perform a variety of simple to moderate design assignments for traditional delivery transportation projects and segments of design-build projects which require the use of CADD software and fundamental design techniques in accordance with company and industry standards and codes.
• Work as part of a design team to continually seek to identify and implement improved technical solutions throughout final design.
• Coordinate with design and construction leads throughout all phases of a design project.
• Collaborate with design and construction team during the pursuit phase to develop creative and innovative technical solutions.
• Work with the Preparation of Plans, Specifications and Estimates (PS&E).
• Develop complex layouts, sketches, plans, and prepare correspondence.
EOE - Minority / Female / Veteran / Disability / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
• Minimum of three (3) years' experience in civil/bridge design and plan production.
• Experience with design-build projects is a plus.
• Experience working specifically with civil or structural plans.
• Experience with CADD software (Microstation-required and AutoCAD-preferred) and Microsoft Office.
• Experience with VDOT and Local Municipalities associated with Transportation Projects in Virginia is preferred.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to work within a team environment.
• The selected candidate MUST be able to work in the United States immediately, without sponsorship.
• Local candidates preferred