|Job Ref:||EMP374401||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bristol||Address:||Salary:||£45,000 - £55,000/hour||Post Date:||19/10/2016 21:30|
Principal Software Engineer – Avionics This is an immediate requirement for a Principal Software Engineer or Senior Software Engineer with experience of working on real time operating systems.|
A great opportunity has arisen for a Software Engineer to work for a leading avionics design company in the Bristol area. This Principal Software Engineer role will be working on a number of new programmes and products being developed for both the UK aerospace and marine markets.
The ideal candidate will have experience of working on embedded systems using a mix of languages like C, C++ and C#.
JOB DESCRIPTION & REQUIREMENTS
Responsibilities for this Software Engineer role
Working at a senior level the role shall support both the Aerospace & Marine business units in the development of:
i) aircraft simulator software
ii) submarine control software
- Support the development of a variety of systems and applications.
- Be hands-on with some team leading responsibility and customer-facing activity.
- Support development of the Company’s software capability for its future growth.
Requirements for this Software Engineer role
- Candidates will be degree qualified in a Software/Systems Engineering discipline.
- Ability to work independently or within projects as technical lead
- Proven track record of software development across the full software engineering lifecycle.
- Experience of object orientated programming principles and Structured Design Methodologies such as UML.
- Knowledge of interface and communications protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, CAN, SPI).
- Experience of hardware/software integration, testing and customer support
- Possess good interpersonal, communications, presentation and reporting skills.
- Practical experience of:
- Real-time operating systems e.g. QNX, LynxOS
Windows, Linux based GUIs
- Practical experience one or more of the following languages:
- C++, C, C#
Some foreign travel to support customers may be required
Due to the nature of the work at this site, applicants must be capable of achieving SC level UK security clearance. Current clearance is not a requirement.