|Job Ref:||EMP374191||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Stockton-on-Tees||Address:||Post Code:||TS19||Salary:||£75,000 - £85,000/year||Post Date:||20/10/2016 21:31|
Head of programmes/operations working on the delivery of complex electronics communications projects UK wide across multiple sites. |
Programme Manager, Electronic communications systems
An experienced Head of Programmes / Operations working on the delivery of complex electronics communications projects UK wide across multiple sites. You will lead Project Managers and Senior Project Managers for the delivery of sales generally in excess of £20M. A technical background in a relevant engineering discipline such as electronics or communications is essential for this role as well as a professional programme or project management qualification such as Prince 2, APMP, MSP or CPM.
• This role would suit an experienced programme manager with experience working for a systems integration company, due to the nature of the projects a technical background either designing or delivering projects within an electronics, systems environment is essential.
• Strong budget control and resource allocation and development.
• Experience using Project Management tools including scheduling, spreadsheets and presentations.
• Experience of Contract negotiations with subcontractors.
• Experience leading of managing multiple parties including Project Managers of all levels and third party vendors on high profile and technologically innovative enterprise solutions.
• Experience managing multi-tiered software and engineering development
• Experience working on electronic communication systems would be extremely desirable.
Managing, building and motivating large teams (50-150) across multiple locations, your role will be to recommend strategic improvements to the relevant Directors such as cross-alignment of projects, ways to address wider market opportunities, or improvements to corporate business processes, then work with them as required to implement the improvement.
You will be responsible for assigned business area financial success and organic growth, this position typically works under limited supervision and direction. You will regularly exercise discretionary and substantial decision making authority.
• Develop and maintain a portfolio / programme plan, clearly identifying each of the component projects and how they contribute towards the objectives of the portfolio and company business objectives.
• Manage the portfolio financial objective attainment including cost, sales, profit and cash against target realized benefits.
• Oversee the planning of the portfolio ensuring compliance with the issued planning processes and monitor its overall progress, analyzing and resolving issues and initiating corrective action as appropriate.
• Act as a champion for continuous improvement, building, managing and motivating the portfolio project management team to create high performing project teams.
• Develop positive relationships within the client and major sub-contractor organisations to provide escalation paths to help manage potentially significant project issues.
• Work with peers to ensure that sufficient resources are sourced, organized and deployed such that the projects are optimally resourced.
• Ensure the delivery of new products or services is to the appropriate levels of quality, is on time and within budget an in accordance with the plan.
• Be responsible for the quality assurance and overall integrity of the portfolio.
• Ensure high standards of sub-contract management to deliver third party contributions to the portfolio to plan and budget.
• Ensure high standards of risk management are effected on all projects within the portfolio to minimize both the likelihood and impact of undesirable events.
• Ensure high standards of scope management are implemented on all projects balancing winning the customer with a mature and constructive scope management approach.
• Deliver all aspects of financial reporting requirements for the portfolio in a timely and accurate manner ensuring that sales are achieved on time, profit is earned and RONA is delivered, advising the Operations Director of any items of an exceptional nature.
• Report progress of the portfolio transparently at regular intervals to the Operations Director and the business.
• To grow the value of projects and the portfolio and participate in the marketing of new technology, supporting the development and capture of new business opportunities in conjunction with Business Development personnel.