|Job Ref:||EMP374412||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Barrow-in-Furness||Address:||Salary:||£48/hour||Post Date:||20/10/2016 21:32|
Principal Engineer- Shock & Dynamics x2– Barrow-in-Furness– 12 Months - £48.00 p/hr. LTD|
Previous experience using Abaqus, Patran and Hypermesh software.
Purpose of Role:
• The role is primarily for the design substantiation of additional structures and structures supporting equipment.
• It involves the structural assessment and modification of the designs of structures to specific acceptance criteria.
• It involves interactions with designers to gather information and working with designers to modify designs where necessary.
• Checking of calculations equivalent to those being created by the engineer in the role, and may involve other calculation and checking work supporting the general work performed by the shock and dynamics department.
• Degree qualified in mechanical, structural, marine or aeronautical engineering, or equivalent.
• Previous experience covering the use of Mathcad, Abaqus, Patran and Hypermesh.
• Chartership with a relevant institution (preferred).
• Experience of working with designers to modify and improve designs.
• Experience performing calculations using hand calculations and text book references.
• Previous experience performing calculations using spreadsheets or Mathcad software.
• Experience of assessing structures of components using Finite Element Analysis Software.