|Job Ref:||TISC-DESI01169952||Employer:||Bombardier Inc.||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||Germany||City:||Siegen||Address:||Post Date:||10/10/2016 22:05|
Legal Counsel, Syndikusanwalt (m/f)|
REFERENCE NUMBER: TISC-DESI01169952
Purpose of the Role:
The Legal Counsel will be the first (and single) point of contact and key responsible for all legal and or legal related issue (e.g. in the areas of Bids, Sales, Claims, Procurement, Project Management, Customer Support/PI (Warranty), Legal Affairs, Legal Entities, IPR, Licenses, Subsidies, etc.) arising in the Central European region for train sub-component business (internal & external). He/She will ensure compliance with applicable processes, directives, policies, contracts and laws and support all new built , warranty and service projects, as well as sites, from a legal perspective to deliver and raise "quality, time, technology, cash and cost" in the relevant assigned region. The Legal Counsel will lead or support the timely closure of all offensive/defensive claims at beneficial results.
1. Projects, Claims and Litigation
• Identify together with the project team (potential) claims against customers and / or suppliers and / or partners and lead or support such.
• Lead any legal proceedings (e.g. litigation, arbitration, mediation, etc.), arising in the relevant region, including leadership and management of external counsel on cases where necessary
• Ensure solid claim / litigation reporting
• Ensure solid and transparent presentation of top claims / litigations to the management and provide founded guidance and recommendation for the way forward
• Act as a trusted partner to the business and provide guidance and advice in all legal, or legal related, matters
2. Corporate & Legal Affairs, Compliance and Governance
• Responsible for all corporate affairs matters of legal entities, real estate purchases, sale and / or leases, health, safety & environment, research & development agreements, transfer of technology agreements, in the relevant assigned region
• Provide compliance and legal trainings
3. Bidding and Sales activities
• Review and analysis of ITT and / or customer requirements and preparation of relevant bidding documentation.
• Define with Sales capture strategy
• Ensure transparency of targeted terms & conditions to the business and compliance
• Contract drafting and negotiation with external partners, customers and suppliers
• University degree in Law, additional qualification in Economics is an advantage
• Ideally 3 years of professional experience in comparable position in an industrial environment. Promising entry level applications, however, will also be considered
• Availability and willingness to travel (20%)
• Fluent English and German (spoken and written) is mandatory;
If you feel ready for a job that is challenging and quite out of the ordinary, please submit your application using our on-line portal NA. Reference number: TISC-DESI01169952
Your ideas move people.