Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. |
Special Hazards Technician - SimplexGrinnell (Lenexa, KS)
About the role:
Rewards and benefits
- Perform installation, inspection, service and repairs on special hazards fire suppression and attached electronic fire alarm panels and other related building system products.
- Service, troubleshoot and install many different manufacturers' special hazard systems (examples including Ansul, Chemetron, Pyrachem, Cardox, Kiddie-Fenwal, FM200, Sapphire, CO2, VESDA and Inergen).
- Train other employees on Special Hazard Installs and inspections.
- Read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, submittals, specifications, software/systems programs, schematics and operational product manuals.
- Assist in scheduling and managing projects and inspections.
- Manage daily call activity and program system products, including completing inspection and service call reports.
- Assist customers with all questions and concerns in a timely and professional manner.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Pick up and properly dispose of all trash associated with SG work.
- Wear appropriate safety equipment as required.
- Properly secure all SG tools and equipment at the end of each work period as to prevent loss or damage.
- May be required to work alternate shifts or weekends to meet customer requirements.
- Comply with Corporate Safety Programs.
- Uphold governance of Tyco Guide to Ethical Conduct.
We’ll expect a lot from you, but we’ll also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And we’ll always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, you’ll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it.
Who we're looking for :
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 1-3 years fire suppression experience prefered
- Valid Driver's License with good driving record
- Applicable State Licensing
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Walking/climbing for an 8 hour
- Climbing and working in awkward and cramped positions and sub-floors
- Manual dexterity
- Lifting/pushing objects weighing over 50 pounds
- Strong organizational skills