|Job Ref:||RAN-3325||Employer:||Randstad||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Newcastle Upon Tyne||Address:||Salary:||£ 40,000 - £ 50,000 per year, Car Allowance & Benefits||Post Date:||20/10/2016 00:42|
Randstad CPE are currently working with a Principal Contractor here in the North East that specialises in Design & Build specialist areas including pharmaceutical cleanrooms and Research & Development space. This client has won some major schemes throughout the UK over the past 6 months, including contracts valued up to £30m. Currently on the search for an Electrical Estimator to be based out of their office in Newcastle office. |
* Provide accurate budgets/cost plans
* Provide a detailed "take-off" and Bill of Quantities (BQ) using the Conquest Estimating software package
* Work on traditional Plan and Specification, Design and Build of Partnered Contracts
* Obtain competitive prices for materials and sub-contract packages
* Oversee or complete quote analysis comparisons
* Check and amend rate/price build-ups where necessary
* Prepare tender build-ups for internal adjudication and carry out adjustments where necessary
* Preparation and collation of relevant information/ documentation for handover meeting, ensuring all teams are suitably briefed
* Discuss the clients requirements for a pre-tender meeting with relevant departments, present and answer all questions regarding cost of works
* Participate in post-tender meetings with clients
Previous estimating experience essential, preferably 5 years or more. If you would like any other information or wish to discuss confidentially please feel free to call Ciaran in our Newcastle office.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
skills Electrical Engineer Estimator manufacturing fabrication