Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||LUDE076||Employer:||Randstad||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£ 35,000 - £ 45,000 per year, package and car||Post Date:||14/10/2016 00:29|
Do you want to be part of a project which will shape and develop the future of London and the South East of England? Do you want to join a company which has led the construction industry for over 100 years and has grown from a local UK construction firm to be a world renowned Civil Engineering contractor with an enviable reputation?|
My client, one of the world's Top 10 Civil Engineering Main Contractors, has an opportunity for a driven, experienced Quantity Surveyor to join their established and successful commercial team on London's highest profile Infrastructure project with value exceeding £650m! The project is in early stages of its lifecycle making it an ideal time to join. You will be a valued and important part of the team, have the opportunity to make your impact and have early involvement in all commercial aspects of the project.
Apart from getting an increase in your current salary, shaping the future of London and working on this fantastic project, you will enjoy:
* A full forward order-book with a pipeline of Mega Civil Engineering projects;
* You will be based in the heart of London, allowing for a flexible and an easy commute;
* Being involved from ECI phase through to completion will provide considerable exposure and development to your career;
* Along with this exposure and development, you can expect fast-tracked development to Senior Management.
You will be responsible for:
* Identification of change and the implications this will make to the programme, schedule and costs.
* Reviewing existing contract documentation.
* Management of subcontractor packages.
* Considering the client's variation request against the contract & assist with reporting and CVRs.
* Deal with change events and variations.
* Manage and develop trainees.
* Previous experience as a Quantity surveyor within a main contractor on a civils project.
* Preferably degree educated but not essential.
* Enthusiastic to move up to the senior QS level.
* Working towards RICS accreditation.
Note: All applications are kept confidential and contact will be established with you before submission of your CV to any client.
If you feel you would meet the criteria and would like to pursue this further, please apply by clicking below.
If you would like to add me on LinkedIn and be kept up to date with the latest civil engineering projects and commercial positions please click here:
For any more information please call Lucy on 0203 6800 650.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.