|Job Ref:||ESTWORTH||Employer:||Randstad||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Worthing||Address:||Post Code:||NR20||Salary:||£ 45,000 - £ 52,000 per year, bens||Post Date:||20/10/2016 00:30|
Are you an Estimator that would like to work locally near Worthing? Would you like to work on some of the regions most impressive residential properties? Would you like to be instrumental in the continued growth of a local business working on local projects? Are you interested in the local built environment and, their specialism on heritage projects, and one off unique designs? If you do, and you are an Estimator in the Sussex area then read on and contact me today...|
The role will include but is not limited to the following responsibilities:
* Provide accurate budgets/cost plans
* Provide a detailed "take-off" and Bill of Quantities (BQ)
* Client focused, working directly with private home owners and their architects
* Obtain competitive prices for materials and sub-contract packages
* Check and amend rate/price build-ups where necessary
* Preparation and collation of relevant information/ documentation for handover meeting, ensuring all teams are suitably briefed
* Discuss the clients requirements for a pre-tender meeting with relevant departments, present and answer all questions regarding cost of works
* Degree or Higher National Certificate in Construction/Building, or equivalent.
* Previous estimating experience of at least 2 years.
* Knowledge of building, material components, building regulations, estimating (including taking-off) and H&S.
* Management skills - basic programming, planning, compiling reports.
* Word processing and computer skills for record keeping/data entry and report writing - Word and Excel.
* Strong analysis and reasoning abilities
* Good organisation skills and attention to detail
* Highly numerate with well-developed ability to accurately manipulate numerical information
* Confident and resourceful
* Evidence of maintaining a professional, consistent and fair approach
In return you will receive a competitive salary and package, but more importantly you will join a financially secure growing business and be an instrumental team member within this close knit team. My client is specifically interested in local employees who are looking for long term career opportunities
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
skills estimator housing