|Job Ref:||CM22||Employer:||Randstad||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Derby||Address:||Post Code:||DE1||Salary:||£ 50,000 - £ 60,000 per year||Post Date:||20/10/2016 00:36|
An opportunity has arisen with my client for a Commercial Manager reporting to the Civils Executive Director. The successful candidate will work alongside the delivery team to ensure the profitability, cash management, cost control and accurate reporting of all the Civils Projects.|
My Client a civil engineering and mechanical, electrical contractor with 70 years' experience. Head Office based in the Midlands, they operate through a number of strategically placed regional offices covering the whole of the UK offering clients a one stop shop for their construction requirements.
* Competitive Salary
* Company Car / Car Allowance
* Bonus scheme
* Laptop Mobile
* Health care
Skills and Qualifications
* Commercial and contractual awareness with a proven track record of success
* A good level of competency of Microsoft packages
* Self-motivation, passion and a driven 'can do' attitude
* Be able to organise yourself and others workload
* Be proactive in your approach
* An excellent communicator
* A high level of diplomacy and customer focused
* The ability to anticipate problems and ensure early intervention
* Demonstrable experience of dealing with multiple clients, forms of contract and methods of measurement
The main duties include the responsibility for the following:
* From conception of the Tender assist the Proposal Team with advice and review of the Commercial Aspects of the Bid Process
* Manage commercial performance against business targets and KPI's
* Working with the operational teams to deliver and manage performance against the Profit Improvement Plan.
* Ensure that the delivery team are briefed and have sufficient commercial support to monitor and react to budget variances.
* Ensuring that the financial aspects and impact of a contract are clear to all parties
* Promote a culture of integration, continuous improvement and use of best practice across the client base.
* Ensure that the group commercial policies are adhered to and that the requirements of legislation are met.
* Maximizing value and minimising cost, ensuring that appropriate controls are in place to monitor and manage the operating cost base.
* Ensuring that cash flow is maximized including ensuring that payments are received on time.
* Preparation of monthly management high level financial performance reports.
* Responsibility of validating sensitive commercial information for other team members prior to submission of said information up the reporting chain.
* Engage experts if required with regards to the protection of the division with regards to adverse terms and conditions and advise accordingly.
* Ensure the Commercial Team is appropriately structured to cope with turnover of the division.
* Management of commercial aspects with the client inc. Comp events, extension of time, completion request etc.
* Undertake cost to complete / budget reviews with the contract delivery teams.
* Ensure commercial challenge at all times to site teams
* Resolving contractual and commercial problems
* Review sub contract orders within the Civils business
* Negotiate with key strategic supply chain
* Attend internal and external commercial review meetings.
* Offering direction and instruction
* Managing daily operations
* Final account negotiation achieving the best possible outcome for Civil Engineering
* Upload documentation as and when necessary in line with business requirements
If this you meet the criteria and think that this role could the one for you then please don't hesitate and apply today!!
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.