Requisition ID: |
The Bechtel Petrofac Joint Venture has been selected to provide Engineering, Procurement and Construction Management services to deliver a 2 M tons per year Alumina Refinery in Abu Dhabi's Khalifa Industrial Zone.
TheSeniorEngineerprovides electrical engineering design support to one or a number of Bechtel projects.
Reporting to Project Engineering Manager for project requirements, and the Chief Electrical Engineer for functional requirements, they will have overall responsibility for the electrical engineering design of Mineral Processing Plants, including managing sub-contractors, and coordinating with client and suppliers.
- Define scope of work; prepare job-hour estimates, and resource planning.
- Prepare and update Engineering Progress and Performance Reports (EPPR).
- Review engineering deliverables for accuracy, compliance with project requirements and applicable codes and standards.
- Provide technical direction to engineers, designers, and drafters.
- Manage technical discussions with third parties such as client, suppliers, sub-contractors etc.
- Ensure all electrical engineering tasks are completed within budget and project schedule.
- Coordinate with other disciplines within the project, and provide necessary inputs to management.
- Prepare weekly/monthly progress reports as applicable.
- Perform other duties as required by Bechtel management.
Previous experience working in a multidiscipline team; with an understanding of the electrical engineering deliverables for major Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical/ Electronic Engineering or other relevant discipline from an accredited university as well as a minimum of ten years relevant work experience.
- Understand the roles played by other departments on projects including basic construction practices and the economics involved.
- Broad knowledge of the application of engineering to plant constructability as applied to construction methods and materials.
- Good working knowledge and understanding of High Voltage and Low Voltage power systems, Transformers, Motors, VFDs, Generators, Switchgears/MCCs, Power management systems.
- Proficient in IEEE, ANSI, NEMA and IEC Standards.
- Familiar with Electrical Transient Assistance Program (ETAP) software or equivalent, and experienced in performing system studies.
- Proficient with engineering and office automation software.
DEMONSTRATED PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE
- EPPR, QT trends and estimating & MTO knowledge
- Experience with working and managing an execution unit
- Bechtel BSAP experience, E-TAP, Setroute, BPS
- Previous Bechtel contract formation experience
- Large mobile machinery experience
- HV Substation design, layout and physical electrical design
- Electrical equipment sizing
- MV distribution experience
- Earthing & Lightning protection studies and calculations
- Hazardous Area classification experience
- Machinery safety experience
- LV motor and VFD control experience
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, procurement, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right- no matter how big, how complex or how remote. The reliability of our performance, the enduring quality of our projects, the strength of our ethics, and the seriousness of our commitment to safety and sustainability are evident in everything we do. Bechtel delivers for its customers what others can only promise.
Build your career as you build some of the most challenging and complex projects in the world today.
Bechtel is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE).