Requisition ID: |
Assigned to a field construction organization. Responsible for supervising and directing operations within assigned discipline or area. Supervises subcontracts activities, subordinate superintendents and others, as assigned. Ensures assigned construction operations and subcontractors performance are in compliance with specifications and within schedules and budget The Electrical Superintendent is responsible for the planning and execution of all Electrical work performed by subcontractors on the construction project. Responsibilities to be included but not limited to the following: Evaluate and collaborate the installation of temporary and permanent power. Installation of raceways, underground conduit, substations. Coordinate subcontractor labor supervision and craft distribution. Ensure performance and productivity of subcontractor's construction work performed on the project. Plan and schedule work activities. Coordinate subcontractor work activities on the project Provide leadership for the safety, accident prevention, and fire prevention programs on the project which include: safety orientation of new employees, prepare safety procedures and monitor subcontractor safety, inspect the site for unsafe conditions and practices and take appropriate corrective action to correct all observed problems, lead weekly tool box safety meetings
- Internal Candidate Under Consideration:
- Relocation Authorized:
- Project No.:
A. Supervision Received
- Receives technical and operational supervision from Lead Superintendent.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Responsible for field construction operations of all Electrical and Instrumentation.
- Coordinates established area operational plans. Schedules work to be performed and reviews work. Monitors work activities and ensure the quality of work performed.
- Ensures the most current design document is used to complete the work and that all design changes are approved prior to implementation.
- Prepares reports and forecasts, including summary of construction progress, craft personnel forecasts, and expenditures forecast.
- Monitors the activities of subcontractors to ensure compliance with specifications and schedules.
- Responsible for the implementation of corporate/project policies, procedures and instructions within assigned operations.
- Coordinates activities with other disciplines or areas and clients' resident representatives, as instructed by construction management.
- Ensures that Bechtel and local/national safety codes, requirements and standards are being complied with within assigned area of responsibility. Ensures the Zero Accident Philosophy is incorporated into every aspect of construction operations. Actively participates in scheduled safety meetings.
Knowledge is normally acquired through:
- Knowledge of a single or multi-discipline construction.
- Knowledge of supervisory functions relating to field activities.
- Demonstrated leadership in a team-based environment.
- Knowledge of the use of subcontracts, and the contractor and subcontractor's responsibilities contained in subcontract documents.
- Experience working with, supervising and administering subcontractors.
This position is based in Alexandria and applicants must already possess the right to live and work in Egypt. This is a national contract position and the successful applicant will be employed by a third party company to provide services to Bechtel
- A recognized degree in an engineering. Specialized courses in construction technology and management or prior practical work experience leading to a thorough understanding of the knowledge described above orConstruction related fieldandextensive directly related experience
BOPS Guidelines include the minimum time that you need to be in your current position before applying to a new position. Please refer to the Guidelines and ensure you meet the minimum requirements.