No. of Openings: |
Position Closing Date:
Whether it's ambient, low temperature or cryogenic storage tanks or pressure vessels, there are a broad range of products and services needed for Bechtel engineering and construction projects. The Bechtel Tank Business Line (TBL) develops and delivers these products and services with a commitment to safety, innovative, timely, cost-effective and high quality project execution. A career with the Bechtel TBL group is an opportunity to work with some of the leading engineers in the storage tank industry with many opportunities for career growth.
General Job Duties
- Participate in an 18-24 month rotational program providing training and hands-on work experience wtihin the key departments that collaborate in estimating, purchasing, planning, scheduling, engineering, and constructing storage tanks and vessel projects worldwide
- Become knowledgeable of industry standards and codes and be able to apply them to our work
- Prepare design calculation packages to support Front End Engineering Design and EPC phases of projects
- Develop technical procedures, drawings, and specifications for the execution of our work
- Assist with the preparation of purchase requisitions for material and equipment
- Work closely with other departments to ensure we are meeting the needs of a project with the best quality possible
- Maintain the highest level of safety awareness and ensure all tasks are completed to the highest safety standards.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Structural Engineering (2.8 GPA or better required) preferred within twelve (12) months after graduation date. Mechanical Engineering candidates may be considered provided they have a keen interest in our work and/or excel in structural design.
- Graduate and undergraduate degrees to be from a recognized US university.
- Completion and passing of FE exam desired
- Excellent skills with visualization and understanding in 3D
- Need to understand load flow through a space frame and/or support system (understands structural behavior - loads, moments, shears, etc.)
- Must be able to prepare hand calculations in a complete and organized manner
- Practical work experience in an engineering or construction environment desired
- Strong interest in structural engineering/design
- Eager to learn all aspects of storage tank structural design for all storage tank type and configuration
- Good people and leadership skills
- Flexible in job location; willingness to relocate or spend time at a job site
- Ability to work effectively within multidisciplinary, multinational teams
- Excellent command of the English Language (spoken/written skills)
- Belief in a "Zero Accidents" safety philosophy
- Copy of undergraduate transcript is mandatory
The vision to build a better world
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), 2D and 3D CAD
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, procurement, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right - no matter how big, how complex or how remote. The reliability of our performance, the enduring quality of our projects, the strength of our ethics, and the seriousness of our commitment to safety and sustainability are evident in everything we do.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability employer.