Contribute. Grow. Lead...with OxyChem. Looking for a challenge? Desire to achieve your true potential? OxyChem is a growing, action-oriented, safety driven chemical manufacturing company continually striving to be the best in the business while staying focused on environmental protection. The secret to our success has and will continue to be our people.|
Occidental Chemical Corporation (OxyChem) is a leading North American manufacturer of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resins, chlorine and caustic soda - key building blocks for a variety of indispensable products such as plastics, pharmaceuticals and water treatment chemicals. Other OxyChem products include caustic potash, chlorinated organics, sodium silicates, chlorinated isocyanurates and calcium chloride. For every product it makes, OxyChem's market position is No. 1 or No. 2 in the U.S.
In a fast-paced industry that demands precision, we create a supportive workplace where the safety and well-being of our employees are paramount. We are committed to rewarding top performers, offering very competitive pay and benefits, and providing tremendous career development opportunities. We are looking for experienced and self-motivated individuals to fill the position of Human Resources Specialist located in Dallas, TX.
The Human Resources Specialist is a vital member of our team, and has the following responsibilities:
- Interviews and participates in the recruitment and selection of exempt and nonexempt employees; makes the appropriate recommendations concerning offers of employment; and audits performance of newly hired employees.
- Conducts exit interviews with employees to determine the underlying reasons for termination of employment; also determines employee attitudes toward the company, supervisor, etc.
- Administers Human Resources policies, advises/counsels management and employees regarding company policies and procedures.
- Administers the College Recruiting Program and New Professionals Event.
- Generates, maintains and provides reports as required.
- Initiates and assists in the development and presentations of programs which address important goals such as supervisory and employee development and promoting positive employee relations.
- Researches, advises actions, and assists in corrective employee behavior and disciplinary action.
- Counsels employees, supervisors and managers on confidential matters.
- Establishes and maintains positive relationships with employees.
- Coordinates projects as assigned or requested by the Human Resources Manager
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management, Labor Relations or related degree.
- 3 or more years of experience in Employee Relations, Labor Relations, Training, and Recruiting.
- Strong leadership, facilitation, team building and process improvement skills.
- High proficiency in Microsoft applications (such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Experience with HRIS systems such as PeopleSoft preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.