|Job Ref:||28440BR||Employer:||Black & Veatch||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United States||County/State:||Colorado||City:||Denver||Address:||Post Date:||20/10/2016 01:02|
• Functions as a technical specialist or in a lead role with minimal supervision, applies advanced engineering techniques and analyses for problems and methods in wind energy. |
• Expand knowledge and skill set in area of discipline. May start to expand knowledge in other disciplines, functional areas and renewable energy technologies.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Supports a wide variety of diverse assignments including: resource assessment, due diligence, field work, feasibility studies, new technology evaluation, project proposal evaluation, conceptual design, design review, detailed design, performance estimates, cost estimates, and economic analysis of domestic and international wind energy projects.
• The position will entail interaction with clients including: utilities, energy project developers, financial institutions, energy end-users, investors, government agencies, and other organizations.
• Responsibility for successful project execution, tasks and deliverables performed on-time and within budget.
• Work with others on geographically dispersed, multi-disciplinary teams.
Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing. Minimum of 3 years related work experience
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications
• Have the professional registration or licensure, or be in active pursuit of such licensure or registration if not already registered.
• A thorough understanding of onshore wind project siting/development, general wind turbine design/function and industry-standard resource assessment techniques.
• Experience in the statistical analysis of wind data, including raw time series data validation and instrument troubleshooting/diagnostics.
• Wind resource and energy production assessments, including long-term resource estimation, energy production and wake loss analysis, and uncertainty analysis.
• Experience with ArcGIS or similar
• Minimum of 1-2 years of related work experience. This is also the entry level position for incumbents with a Master's degree in science or related field
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate clearly and succinctly through formal reports, presentations, memoranda and email.
• Must be self-motivated, with an ability to balance multiple projects while working under tight deadlines.
• Ability to solve problems creatively, be resourceful and develop innovative solutions for analysis.
• Due diligence review of third party wind resource measurement campaigns, project layouts, energy production assessments, and uncertainty analyses.
• Familiarity with regulatory, technical, and market issues relevant to individual renewable energy technology policies & programs.
• Familiarity or experience with economic modeling methods and tools specific to wind energy, or other renewable energy technologies.
• Experience in wind project operations or maintenance.
• Experience with onshore & offshore wind development & planning.
• Field experience in the development of wind project layouts, including micrositing.
• Post-construction wind energy assessments, including power performance testing.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Disabled/Veterans/Females