Purpose of Role
We are currently looking for a Electrical Engineer who will be the Design Project Lead and be a fully participating member of the Building Services Design Section and contribute to the efficient operation of the practice. This role will require the engineer to work on their own initiative taking responsibility for the design and supervision of projects and provide professional technical support to other staff.
Key Duties of the role
Key Experience, Qualifications and Skills
- To provide electrical engineering design input in a cost effective manner and to ensure all work is designed and carried out in accordance with policy and statutory obligations.
- To be responsible for the co-ordinated delivery of electrical services designs in order to meet clients' budget and programme requirements. To establish close working relationships with clients and to act as a focus and contact for this area of work.
- To direct in-house and/or consultant professional staff in the preparation of drawings and specifications, ensuring that all relevant technical and contractual legislation is complied with.
- To undertake condition surveys of electrical installations and, if required, implement and supervise the required periodic testing and inspection of installations under statutory and advisory requirements.
- To advise in electrical service matters, such as the most suitable equipment for use, or modifications required to perform a particular task, supplemented in the most cases with budget costs.
- To provide information to enable effective monitoring of expenditure with respect to projects and fee targets at feasibility, design, contract and final account stages to meet expenditure programmes.
- To ensure/contribute/lead on the delivery of quality assured, client focused products and services to meet the agreed requirements of the customer.
- To contribute to the operation and development of the Business Management System to ensure the continuous improvement of quality assured services/products for clients.
- To carry out other duties appropriate to the level and character of the post.
- Previous experience of leading, contributing and successfully delivering a wide range of building services engineering projects.
- Minimum level HNC/HND in Electrical Engineering or Building Services / Construction or equivalent.
- Registered Engineer (NA) with experience of managing projects
- Current CITB CSCS card or be prepared to obtain.
- Must be able to work unsupervised to a high quality.
- Able to meet tight deadlines.
- A responsive, constructive and flexible attitude towards working arrangements within a team environment.
- Good organisational skills.
- Proficient in using AutoCAD and IT (Microsoft Access, Excel and Word etc.)
Additional Role Information
In addition the engineer will be entitiled to:
- 25 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays with the opportunity to buy more holidays once you have been with a for a short while
- BUPA Healthcare Insurance (single cover with option to 'trade up' to cover your family
- Pension Plan
- Carillion 'Thank You' Scheme, which offers flexible, tax efficient benefits such as child care vouchers, cycle to work scheme & discounts on high street brands