|Job Ref:||204425284||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Brierley Hill||Address:||Post Code:||DY5||Salary:||£20000 - £30000/annum||Post Date:||22/10/2016 02:08|
We are an expanding company of approximately 30 people specialising in materials testing technology. As the total testing solution we offer bespoke design, manufacture and installation of servo hydraulic materials testing machines as well as a UKAS accredited sub-contract materials testing service.
Our core values are Pride, Excellence, Innovation and Commitment
£20 - 30,000 basic (dependent on experience and qualifications )
The job will be mainly working at the Factory site in Brierley Hill, with the possible occasional requirement to visit customer's sites around the UK.
Standard factory working hours are 08.00 to 16.30 Monday to Friday, on-site hours will vary.
• Adhere to quality / company procedures and continuous improvement within the Company.
• Organising own time and resources (information, tools, materials, suppliers, customers) to complete tasks allocated by Line Manager to the required standard, schedule and budget.
• Providing material and labour information to sales team for quotation purposes.
• Shows commercial awareness, and makes prudent use of Company resources.
• Providing support to suppliers, customers and internal staff.
• Ensuring maintenance of tools, equipment and working areas (tools put away, equipment well maintained, no rubbish, correct use of tools and equipment).
• Responsibility for own and others health and well-being.
• Ability to design and develop complex software applications
• Knowledge and experience with C programming, the .Net framework and structured programming techniques
• A level standard of numeracy
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Visual Studio, Realtime and Linux systems.
• Familiar with a company offering bespoke/varied products
• Knowledge of material testing / test machines
• Understanding of servo hydraulics
• Ability to interpret electrical/electronic wiring schematics
• Operation of general workshop equipment
• Experience of working at customer's sites
Personal characteristics and behaviours
• Effective communicator within the Company and with external customers and suppliers.
• Polite and well presented with all staff, customers and suppliers regardless of role or level.
• Self-starter who delivers high quality, accurate output to a deadline and inspires others to do the same.
• Able to work to an established quality management system and Company policies.
• Works individually or as a team, collaborating with colleagues throughout the Company in a positive and supportive role
• Able to take ownership of tasks, use own initiative to identify and complete tasks and resolve problems or issues as they arise.
• Initiative, motivation & flexibility.
• Good attendance and timekeeping.
• Embraces change and innovation in all aspects of work, actively engaging in bringing forward ideas for improvements to processes, systems or products.
• Demonstrates excellence, professionalism and integrity