|Job Ref:||204594002||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Manchester||Address:||Post Code:||M13||Salary:||£33000/annum||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:03|
Electrical Design Engineer|
£33,000 + benefits
We are currently recruiting for an Electrical Design Engineer to work as part of a small team, and be responsible for the production of designs and design programs. The role also includes designing work packages for bids, services and projects to contract requirements, standards, budget, and on-time delivery.
What will I be doing?
The list below is not exhaustive and candidates are not expected to undertake all of them.
* Production of designs for projects and bids under the direction of the Design Team
Manager (DTM), ensuring that the design conforms to client requirements including quoted standards and specifications.
* Produce design resource and budget data for use by the DTM
* Produce quality metrics to measure the soundness of the design processes under your control or working to.
* Working with project planners to provide detailed input to specific project programs.
* Production and checking of design work package documentation for projects.
* Assist the DTM to undertake the role of Designer as identified in the CDM regulations, with particular attention to design risks.
* Ensure that safety risks are designed out or deemed "as low as reasonably practicable."
* Take part in Design Reviews, with particular attention to the reduction of design risks.
* Assist with Cost Reviews alongside the Bid team.
What experience does the role require?
* A proven record of working in a contracting or consulting engineering environment, with a minimum 3 years' experience.
* HNC in Electrical engineering or equivalent
* Competent use of Amtech ProDesign
* Experience of Relux or Dialux
* Able to use a range of IT tools with Word & Excel as minimum.
* Have a sound ability to use CAD tools to produce basic drawings.
* Have a good knowledge of the CDM regulations.
* Can follow a defined design process
* Is aware of Engineering Safety Management
What's in it for me?
The successful candidate will receive:
* A salary of up to £33,000
* Additional benefits to be confirmed
How do I apply?
To apply for this exciting opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter or alternatively you can call (Apply online only) and speak to Rob who can tell you more.
Astute Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy