|Job Ref:||204594343||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Oxfordshire||City:||Oxfordshire||Address:||Post Code:||OX18||Salary:||£26000 - £28000/annum||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:11|
Legionella Risk Assessor Job objectives and responsibilities for Legionella Risk Assessor -|
• Legionella Risk Assessor carrying out work as detailed by the Risk Assessment Manager.
• Conduct yourself in a professional manner in support of our customers and work colleagues.
• To ensure all works are delivered on time and to the agreed specification.
• To support business growth and retain existing customers.
• Complete reports and paperwork as instructed by the Risk Assessment Manager.
• Take responsibility for your own training needs and bring them to the attention of the Risk Assessment Manager.
• Ensure compliance with Health & Safety legislation, specific company requirements approved by the Health & Safety Executive and the latest regulations and codes of good practice.
• To undertake legionella risk assessments to a high standard in line with the latest version of the Approved Code of Practice (ACOP) L8 (Fourth edition) and its associated guidance documents & the Health Technical Memorandum 04-01: The control of Legionella, hygiene, "safe" hot water, cold water and drinking water systems.
• Attend risk assessment review meetings with Clients as required.
• Provide technical support where required.
• Ensure that Legionella Risk Assessments paperwork and reports are completed correctly and returned within agreed timescales.
• You may be required, from time to time, to carry out operational work to ensure that contractual commitments are met.
Qualifications / Skills Required:
• C&G BS04 Risk Assessment course
• Knowledge of the Health Technical Memorandum 04-01: The control of Legionella, hygiene, "safe" hot water, cold water and drinking water systems.
• Suitable and sufficient experience working within the water treatment industry
• Health and safety management
• Commercial awareness
• Planning skills
• Customer care/relationship building skills
• Presentation skills
• Able to work as a member of a team
• Able to work without direct supervision
• Physically able to complete required duties
• Full driving licence
• Able to deal directly with customers and represent the company in a professional manner
We are a people business. It's our people, and their drive to do their jobs to the best of their ability that makes us different.
We do what we say we will How we behave...
• We treat all colleagues with respect
• We challenge people when they don't do the right thing
• We welcome advice from anyone that might improve what we do
• We are open and honest
• We think safety and always follow rules for safe working
We go out of our way to make a difference How we behave...
• We work with each other to achieve the best for clients and for the company
• We share information to help colleagues succeed
• We build great relationships
• Our first response to requests will always be positive
• We look out for each other, never walking by unsafe actions or situations
We help others to be the best they can be How we behave...
• We support and encourage each other to develop
• We lead by example
• We set clear expectations
• We listen to and learn from others
• We learn from mistakes and incidents to prevent recurrence
Passion Take our people, add their passion, and you get something really special.
We give it everything we've got How we behave...
• We do good things for each other, the environment and the community
• We appreciate diversity and encourage it
• We demonstrate team spirit
• We are committed to doing things better and setting new standards in all that we do
• We take pride in what we do and have fun doing it
• We celebrate success and say thank you
Fresh thinking We want our people to find inspiration from skill development and career progression, and enjoy respect and recognition for a job well done.
Health and Safety responsibilities
• Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
• Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
• Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
• Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
To Apply Please submit your CV