|Job Ref:||204593276||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Portsmouth||Address:||Post Code:||PO2||Salary:||£16.87 - £17.09/hour||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:08|
Momentum Recruitment are currently recruiting a Clerks of Work role on behalf of Portsmouth City Council.|
37 hours per week.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a person to join our planned maintenance team with good practical building knowledge and relevant site inspector or supervisory experience.
Candidates must be enthusiastic, confident and good communicators who are keen to develop.
What is the role?
You will be based at one of our Area Housing Offices working as part of the Planned Maintenance team.
You will carry out a wide range of Site Inspector duties across our varied housing stock of 15,000 properties, supporting us to maintain and improve them.
You will work closely with Building Surveyors managing projects to ensure that Planned Maintenance schemes are delivered safely and to a high standard of workmanship.
Projects you would be involved in will typically range from £50,000 to £2,000,000 and may include works such as decorations to external and communal areas, fire upgrading work, window replacement, re-roofing, electrical work, extensions and structural repairs.
You will ensure that the contractor undertakes the work in accordance with the contract drawings and specifications, evaluating the quality of work undertaken and assessing the best options to overcome unforeseen work.
You will apply construction health and safety legislation on site and maintain accurate site records relevant to the contract with regard installations, progress on site, design variations and necessary site instructions.
For the right candidate additional training may be funded to assist in their development.
You need to:
1. Have a relevant trade background.
2. Have experience of acting in a supervisory capacity on construction sites.
3. Have appropriate qualifications in a relevant building or construction related subject such as a trade based NVQ, SMSTS and be a CSCS Cardholder.
4. Demonstrate good practical construction knowledge of all trades, particularly carpentry, by being able to assess the quality of a range of work undertaken, identify any remedial work if required and inform the contractor as appropriate.
5. Be attentive to detail when checking works and materials, demonstrate an ability to lead setting the standard of work expected on site in accordance with the specification, be assertive when making decisions and informing the contractor as necessary
6. Have knowledge and be able to apply construction related health & safety legislation generally, including the CDM Regulations 2015, Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 and Working at Height Regulation 2005.
Specifically be able to evaluate that a building site is being managed in a safe environment and complying with all relevant health and safety legislation and be confident to raise issues to a contractor and ensure that they are addressed.
7. Have the ability to evaluate a specification, building drawings and programme of works sufficiently to be able to assess work is carried out as specified on site and monitor progress against the contractor programme.
8. Have knowledge of building construction technology and building pathology for a variety of construction types, be able to diagnose and offer solutions to rectify building defects.
9. Demonstrate commercial awareness and be able to assess value for money for building work carried out.
10. Have relevant experience of using all Microsoft packages; in particular be able to demonstrate practical IT skills to use various software packages to accurately update data as part of undertaking the site inspection role.
11. Be organised and methodical to effectively manage site visits, appointments and workload priorities, keeping detailed records of inspections.
12. Be a good communicator working with Housing staff, other departments and our Local Authority Housing customers as most repairs and maintenance work is undertaken in occupation whilst our residents are living in their homes.
13. Have a full driving licence and provide a car for work, as you will be visiting various sites across Portsmouth and will need to travel effectively between them.
For further Information please contact Matthew Redshaw at Momentum Recruitment on (Apply online only)