|Job Ref:||204593461||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hertfordshire||City:||Hertfordshire||Address:||Post Code:||WD5||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:03|
Electrical Estimator required for a Hertfordshire based client.|
The role covers all aspects estimating from effective handling of new enquiries entering the business, through customer liaison, survey and mid/post tender interviews, accurately pricing the electrical services associated with the project.
Responsibilities will include:
Complete responsibility of allocated enquiries/projects which would include but not be limited to the following activities -
- Close liaison with clients/potential clients
- Establishing key aspects associated with the enquiry regarding site survey dates, survey requirements, return deadline and required submission method.
- Attend site surveys, or tender interviews as necessary.
- Evaluate supplier and sub-contract returns to ensure compliance with the tender specification/documentation.
- Accurately undertake any necessary take-offs of drawings and schedules
- Generate commentary regarding exclusions and clarifications associated with the return offer.
- Oversee the compilation of the tender return to ensure all elements are accounted for prior to submittal.
- Liaise closely with the procurement department regarding cost and selection of equipment, materials and sub-contract packages to achieve best value at tender stage.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record as an electrical estimator within a construction/building services environment. It would be an advantage (but not essential) to hold a CSCS card