|Job Ref:||204597674||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Leicestershire||City:||Leicester||Address:||Post Code:||LE1||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:38|
Commercial Manager - Lift Industry|
Up to c£40,000 dependent on experience + Bonus + Car/Allowance + Bens
Otis Elevator Company is the world`s largest manufacturer and maintainer of people-moving products, including elevators, escalators and moving walkways. Otis is a wholly owned subsidiary of United Technologies Corporation. Headquartered in Farmington, Connecticut, USA, Otis employs more than 60,000 people, offers products and services in more than 200 countries and territories and maintains more than 1.35 million lifts and escalators worldwide.
We are currently seeking a talented Commercial Manager with knowledge of NEC contracts and a broad understanding of contract law to hold a key position within our Service and ELA divisions. The role will be based from our Leicester office.
- Provide hands on Commercial/Contractual management advice to Core Service and ELA (Express Lifts Alliance) Directors, General Managers and Delivery Managers as well as Modernisation Project Managers - to drive performance in line with contract requirements and Otis policies/procedures.
- Organise, manage and develop a team of Service Contract Support Administrators.
- Day to day management/delivery of Commercial/Contractual support to Service and ELA Operational Teams including Modernisations.
- Provide active support and training in construction contract management matters to all Service and ELA Construction Teams, including on billing, change orders, compensation events, meeting contractual deadlines/obligations, making all necessary contract notifications/applications and responding to contract claims.
- Manage/mitigate potential risk of disputes/claims/liabilities on construction contracts through hands on risk assessments and support to project managers; with preparation/attendance at customer meetings as needed; ensuring appropriate financial provisioning for post contract disputes/claims; while maintaining best in class communication channels and commercial relations with clients.
- Leading resolution of commercial/contract disputes including any formal ADR/Adjudication processes.
- Ensure all Modernisation and ELA Construction Contracts are closed within 3 months of completion with accurate Final Accounts and optimal provisions.
- Provide Contract and Commercial support and advice to the Service organisation including training on contract law, company contract policy and dispute resolution.
- Support Credit Control and Billing in maximising cashflow and reducing debt.
- Improve defences for legal liability claims in contract through feedback and improved processes to contract and project managers.
- Support the Service and ELA Sales Teams in negotiating specific new contracts and framework agreements with major customers.
- Contracts Professional with significant experience in the UK Service or Construction Industry.
- Extensive experience and detailed knowledge of contract terms and conditions, contract law and contract risk analysis.
- Knowledge of a range of UK Contract Forms including JCT, NEC and MF1.
- Established manager with experience of leading small professional teams.
What we offer:
On top of a generous remuneration package; we have our big commitment to your ongoing training and further development. We believe in our staff and with the support of our world renowned Employee Scholarship Scheme means that you`ll be able to continue your education and progress further throughout Otis and the wider UTC Group.
Otis is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please note that due to the high volume of responses that we receive for opportunities across the UK, we are unfortunately no longer able to respond to each application directly or to provide further individual feedback. We will however contact you should we select you to attend an interview. Should you not receive a reply from us within 4 weeks, please assume that your application on this occasion has proved unsuccessful