|Job Ref:||204598041||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Portsmouth||Address:||Post Code:||PO2||Salary:||£13.16 - £17.60/hour||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:17|
JOB TITLE Joiner
WORKING HOURS Day's Mon - Thurs (Apply online only) Fri (Apply online only) Overtime may be required
OUTLINE OF DUTIES
Major Tasks and Activities:
1. Manufacturing, installation and repairing items such as ships' furniture, cabin modules, deck coverings, ladders and gangways
2. Understand and follow written and/or oral instructions
3. Understand and follow health & safety arrangements
4. Interpret and work from drawings and guidance as required
5. There may be occasions when you would be asked to work/travel outside of the main location
6. Use of wood working machinery.
7. Spray polishing.
8. Working on board ships removing/fitting panelling.
* You will learn the skills and techniques required for manufacturing and refurbishing a wide range of wooden furniture and fittings.
* You will be taught how to restore heritage woodwork, learn about the range of joints to be used, the suitability of materials for specific roles and the types of finishes to be applied.
* You will also learn how to use portable and fixed wood machines and be trained to work in various environments both ashore and afloat.
* You will also be trained in the safe use of hand tools and machines, the installation of manufactured and procured items aboard ship and Health and Safety in the Workplace.
Advantage Resourcing is a service driven recruitment consultancy