|Job Ref:||204598616||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Southampton||Address:||Post Code:||SO14||Salary:||£25000 - £35000/annum Plus full benefits package||Post Date:||30/09/2016 03:05|
Assistant Quantity Surveyor|
One of the UK's leading regeneration specialists is looking to recruit an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to their Commercial team, based on site in either Southampton or Poole. A challenging yet exciting opportunity for someone to assist and gain experience for a quantity surveying graduate.
Commercial & Contractual
• Measurement and valuation of works (on site and from drawings) for Valuations, Variations & Final Accounts as directed by line manager.
• Monthly stock taking for external valuations.
• Prepare and agree daywork sheets.
• Measurement and valuation of subcontractors work for payment and Final Account purposes.
• Assisting QS to ensure that payments to sub-contractors are made on time and in accordance with the subcontract agreement
• Assisting with preparation of external valuations
Financial Reporting and Administration
• Assisting in preparation of financial reports by taking relevant site measurements and/or measuring from drawings as directed by line manager.
• Monthly stock taking for internal valuations
• Assisting in preparation of pre-cost estimates, analysis of Head Office cost prints and divergences between pre-cost estimates and Head Office cost prints.
• Preparing material reconciliations.
• Preparing and submitting material delivery sheets
Experience and Qualifications:
• Must have completed at least one year of surveying related studies such as National Certificate or HND or Quantity Surveying degree
• Previous work experience within the construction industry in a Trainee QS role is essential. Experience working in an Assistant role is desirable.
• Good communication skills - both verbal and written
• Highly motivated and enthusiastic with a positive attitude
• Quick to learn and strives for continuous improvement in everyday tasks
• Understands the importance of meeting customers' needs
• Flexible with the ability to solve problems and find solutions
• Keen interest in construction and a willingness to progress within the industry