|Job Ref:||204599665||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Cannock||Address:||Post Code:||WS11||Salary:||£35000 - £40000/annum Excellent Package||Post Date:||30/09/2016 03:06|
£35k-£40k plus excellent package
A main contractor who operate across the country are recruiting a Buyer to join their team. The company, extremely well known and respected in the industry offer a work culture that they pride themselves on. Building mixed tenure residential units, the company have won many awards for their work, allowing them to have no shortage of work in the future. With three arms to this business, as a buyer you will have a mixed range of projects, ultimately allowing skills to develop and have the opportunity for further career progression.
As a Buyer you will be required to cover the procurement of materials. The ideal candidate should be able to build relationships to arrange the best materials for various projects to be ordered, dealing with companies to find the best materials and prices will be key to being successful at this role. The ideal candidate should have a housing background and experience in this role is crucial as a good understanding of the market and the issues it faces is critical. It will require someone who can work under pressure, is keen to progress and is able to fit into a team.
* Collection of information regarding potential supply problems, price movements and market conditions
* Schedule materials
* Has good knowledge of Coins
* Send out enquiries for goods / services
* Produce cost analysis spread sheets for goods / services procured
* Work alongside the Quantity surveyor and Commercial Manager to service key clients and maintain the growth of the business.
* Maintain the Procurement Department's records and files
* Provide advice on products / services as and when requested by the Site team / Contracts Managers / Surveyors, etc to enable them to carry out their duties
* When directed liaise with the Quantity Surveyor providing cost information for tender purposes
This is a great opportunity in a role with a great progression path.
If you would like to apply for this role or require more information, please email your CV