|Job Ref:||204599890||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Gloucestershire||City:||Swindon||Address:||Post Code:||DY3||Salary:||£26000/annum + DOE||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:32|
HIRE CONTROLLER (NON MECHANICAL PLANT)|
Circa £26,000 DOE
An exciting opportunity has arisen to further develop your career into a key role with a well established company.
Our client has a wealth of experience within the construction/rental sector and is dedicated to customer service. Over the years they have invested heavily within their depot network providing an excellent foundation for continued growth throughout the UK.
They are now in a position to expand on their operations in the Swindon area and are looking for a Hire Controller to join their already successful team.
As a Hire Controller, your role will be to maintain targets, increase hire and sales within a busy depot environment offering an excellent customer service experience, dealing with enquiries pertaining to sales and orders by telephone and face to face
You will already be working as a hire controller ideally within the non mechanical or plant hire sector.
The successful candidate will have experience working in a fast paced environment, whilst demonstrating their communication and negotiation skills. You will take pride in improving customer service, safety and presentation of the branch and have a can-do attitude, with great people skills and the desire to succeed.
Responsibilities of the Hire Controller
* Dealing with customer queries and orders in a professional manner
* Accurately assess customer's needs and respond accordingly
* Contact external suppliers to check and establish hire rates and availability
* Liaise with colleagues and transport to ensure that equipment is available for delivery at designated dates/times
* Check invoicing, purchase orders and process goods receipts
* General administration duties
* Pro-actively promote the Company at all times
Requirements of the Hire Controller
* Technical knowledge advantageous
* Ability to negotiate
* Able to plan and organise with attention to detail
* Excellent communication skills with a clear telephone manner
* Ability to work under pressure to set deadlines and prioritise tasks
* PC literate
* A confident and flexible attitude
The ideal candidate will be located in either of the following areas: Pewsey, Avebury, Newbury, Wroughton, Wootton Bassett, Purton, Swindon, Highworth, Telbury, Nailsworth, Cirencester, Fairford, Faringdon, Holwell, Lambourn or surrounding areas