|Job Ref:||204600016||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Redhill||Address:||Post Code:||B49||Salary:||£60000 - £75000/annum||Post Date:||30/09/2016 03:06|
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:|
* Interprets/understands the respective obligations, responsibilities and liabilities of the parties to the contract, and provides advice/guidance to the site team, as appropriate.
* To be aware of and understand what documents comprise the contract, and be fully briefed on the contract estimate, including settlement adjustments.
* Responsible, with the Project Manager, for ensuring that all site staff adhere to agreed site procedures and reporting systems.
* Responsible, with the Project Manager, for the preparation and production of all agreed reports to predetermined deadlines.
* Responsible, with the Project Manager, for the smooth administration of the contract, from start-up through to final account.
* Responsible, with the Project Manager, for archiving all essential project documentation.
* Responsible, with the Project Manager, for delivering the project to the Client's satisfaction.
* Responsible for delegating/allocating Quantity Surveying tasks to Assistant Quantity Surveyors, setting objectives and monitoring their progress.
* Attends site meetings and contributes to the resolution of commercial, contractual and construction problems.
* To be aware of and protect the Company's commercial interests by pursuing prompt payment for work executed.
* To be aware of and preserve the Company's good name in dealings with the Client, our suppliers and the public at large.
* Responsible for the production of all necessary documentation in relation to the resolution of problems; be they commercial, contractual or construction related issues.
* Other duties as required by the Project Manager/Managing Quantity Surveyor.
* Carries out duties/functions under Quality and Safety Management Systems.
* Management responsibility: supervisor. Key competencies typically include: complex knowledge of contract documentation; ability to advise the delivery team on the contract responsibilities, contract documents, contract sum, and settlement adjustments; strong leadership, communication, training, analytical and mathematical skills. Risk management and a proactive approach to protect the companies interests.
Experienced working with NEC Option A
Extensive experience working in a civil engineering environment, specifically within water and wastewater
Good communication skills
Good commercial acumen
Hard working leader of people
Relevant degree or HND/HNC
Experience of working with the client concerned
Previous joint venture experience
Experience working on high value projects