|Job Ref:||204600487||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hertfordshire||City:||Hertfordshire||Address:||Post Code:||WD5||Salary:||£40000 - £80000/annum||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:35|
My client based in Hertfordshire are a leading luxury bespoke furniture & joinery manufacturer, working on some of the world's most prestigious projects in the exclusive residential and commercial sectors. |
This role will manage costs relating to the company projects, from the initial calculations to the final figures. They will be involved in a project from the start, preparing estimates and costs of the work.
They will seek to minimise the costs of a project and enhance value for money, while still achieving the required standards and quality. They will have an understanding and adhere to the statutory building regulations. Whilst the project is in progress, quantity surveyors keep track of any variations to the contract that may affect costs and create reports to show profitability.
Specifically for our client the candidate would ideally have a sound knowledge about Joinery and other crafts in the industry. They will be working with the Project Manager throughout the whole process of a project. They will have also have communication with Senior Estimator. They will produce a cost analysis of a live project with PM from start to completion of project. They will be liaising with finance manager for total project costing and involved in arranging payments.
• Preparing tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities with the architect and/or the client.
• Assisting in establishing a client's requirements and undertaking feasibility studies.
• Performing risk, value management and cost control.
• Undertaking cost analysis for repair and maintenance project work.
• Performing risk, value management and cost control with PM.
• Advising on procurement strategy.
• Identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks.
• Preparing and analysing costings for tenders.
• Providing advice on contractual claims.
• Analysing outcomes and writing detailed progress reports.
• Valuing completed work with PM and arranging payments with Finance Manager.
• Maintaining awareness of the different building contracts in current use.
• Understanding the implications of health and safety regulations