|Job Ref:||204598867||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Lancaster||Address:||Post Code:||LA1||Salary:||£25000 - £29000/annum company van||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:31|
Maintenance Plumber - Lancaster - £25,000 to £29,000 + company van|
Our client, a FM Services provider, is looking for a Maintenance Plumber to cover the Lancaster area. The main focus of the role is to provide technical and practical support to Accounts Manager and the Supervisor in meeting responsibilities for achieving the day to day demands and expectations of the clients. Working hours are 8:00am till 4:30pm
* Provide a timely and effective service to the customers by routinely carrying out the following tasks on a maintenance basis when required.
* Cut openings in structures to accommodate pipes and pipe fittings, using hand and power tools.
* Fill pipes or plumbing fixtures with water or air and observe pressure gauges to detect and locate leaks.
* Hang steel supports from ceiling joists to hold pipes in place.
* Install pipe assemblies, fittings, valves, appliances such as dishwashers and water heaters, and fixtures such as sinks and toilets, using hand and power tools.
* Install underground storm, sanitary and water piping systems and extend piping to connect fixtures and plumbing to these systems.
* Locate and mark the position of pipe installations, connections, passage holes, and fixtures in structures, using measuring instruments such as rulers and levels.
* Measure, cut, thread, and bend pipe to required angle, using hand and power tools or machines such as pipe cutters, pipe-threading machines, and pipe-bending machines.
* Assemble pipe sections, tubing and fittings, using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement, plastic solvent, caulking, or soldering, brazing and welding equipment.
* Repair and maintain plumbing, replacing defective washers, replacing or mending broken pipes, and opening clogged drains.
* Study building plans and inspect structures to assess material and equipment needs, to establish the sequence of pipe installations, and to plan installation around obstructions such as electrical wiring.
* Keep records of assignments and produce detailed work reports.
* Review blueprints and building codes and specifications to determine work details and procedures.
* Deal with plumbing emergencies when required.
* Work on own initiative to maintain and repair plant and equipment.
* To have a good understanding of L8 compliance
* Competent to maintain, repair Electrical/Mechanical plant and equipment within an installation.
* Carry out faulting and ensure that necessary repairs are undertaken and logged.
* Undertake new installations of plumbing, ensuring that it's to an excellent level of workmanship and doesn't compromise compliance requirements
* Repairs to mechanical plant
* Operate PDA
* Observe safety regulations when carrying out work with regard to self and others.
* Actively support the company and department health and safety culture.
* Attend training courses and regular team meetings
* To ensure that all compliant documentation is completed accurately and returned to the office